GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Unique under the trunk light bar with turn signals for 2012 to 2017 Goldwings. The light bars may fit other year models, but I have only mounted them on 2012 to 2017 model bikes.
Both styles use LED lights for minimal current draw. Either style can be purchased in two configurations,
(1) Without modulated brake light circuit installed.
(2) With modulated brake light circuit installed. NOTE: If you have added wires from the trunk down to the run/turn bar below the trunk you can easily tap into that circuit to power the light bar LEDs for brake lights.

Style 1 uses 3 TecNiq EON red LED modules for tail / brake lights with 2 Oznium amber LEDs for left and right turn signals.
Style 2 uses 4 Oznium red LED modules for tail / brake lights with 2 Oznium amber LEDs for left and right turn signals.

Kit come complete with connectors and brake modulator, I have tried to make the kit as plug and play as possible, but one connector must be populated after the harness is routed through the vent slot under the trunk. A wiring schematic and instructions will be included, the wires needed to populate the one connector will be terminated and marked for ease of assembly.
The kit will include a breakout harness for tapping into the existing wire harness that provides power and ground to the OEM tail/turn bar under the trunk, spacers and socket head screws for attachment.

Style 1 price is $104.00 US
Style 2 price is $94.00 US
Prices include shipping to the lower 48 states, add $8.00 US for shipping to Canada.

Customized applications may be possible and may affect pricing.

If you are in the central Florida area and need help installing the light bar, I am happy to help just bring your bike to my house and we will get it done.

Attachments

Reactions: WingWing

·
Premium Member
5,635 Posts
Neat idea.

How do they mount? Knowing the spread between the two mount holes, I might be able to figure out if I could use this on an earlier bike, a 2008 for me.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
With Honda's bone headed changes to the rear lighting on the new generation GL, lights like you show are sure to be big sellers going forward.

Reactions: Ironhorse1800

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Neat idea.

How do they mount? Knowing the spread between the two mount holes, I might be able to figure out if I could use this on an earlier bike, a 2008 for me.
They mount to the two fastener locations in the middle panel under the trunk using some standoffs that I make, pretty sure they will mount up to earlier versions, a friend has an 08 I was going to put one on, but the 08 does not have the vent slot in that panel like the newer models. The only way I could see to route the wire bundle was to drill a hole in the middle of that panel, he was not in favor of doing that, so we abandoned the idea and I have not had another early model to work with.
I have no idea what is behind that panel on an early model, so I am not sure what wiring is in there to tap into.

I am happy to work with you on developing a method or a means to adapt them to earlier models.

PM me and we can work on some ideas.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With Honda's bone headed changes to the rear lighting on the new generation GL, lights like you show are sure to be big sellers going forward.
No doubt, but I will need to get my hands on a 2018 model to see what is possible, and buying one is out of the question according to the boss that must be obeyed. :)

·
Premium Member
5,635 Posts
They mount to the two fastener locations in the middle panel under the trunk using some standoffs that I make, pretty sure they will mount up to earlier versions, a friend has an 08 I was going to put one on, but the 08 does not have the vent slot in that panel like the newer models. The only way I could see to route the wire bundle was to drill a hole in the middle of that panel, he was not in favor of doing that, so we abandoned the idea and I have not had another early model to work with.

I have no idea what is behind that panel on an early model, so I am not sure what wiring is in there to tap into.

I am happy to work with you on developing a method or a means to adapt them to earlier models.

PM me and we can work on some ideas.

Will measure the bolt spread there and PM this evening.

I already have a Whelen strobe mounted above my license plate (could move it for MORE lights). The required hole is behind license plate so totally hidden.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
No doubt, but I will need to get my hands on a 2018 model to see what is possible, and buying one is out of the question according to the boss that must be obeyed. :)
So, you have one of those bosses too!
Obedience is crucial to our survival! :laugh:

Reactions: M61A1MECH

·
Premium Member
5,635 Posts
So, you have one of those bosses too!

Obedience is crucial to our survival! :laugh:

I told my wife I needed to get my hands on a 2018 model for a test ride and you would have thought I was looking at a new Playboy calendar when I said that! Ha.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will measure the bolt spread there and PM this evening.

I already have a Whelen strobe mounted above my license plate (could move it for MORE lights). The required hole is behind license plate so totally hidden.
I was at work when I replied earlier and did not access to my drawing for the light bar, and old-timers CRS has set in and could not recall the dimension.
I just pulled the drawing up and the spread between the bolt holes is 11 inches.

So what is behind the panel in the way of wiring or connectors?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK so after 1600 or so views and 7 months here on the board, I have had no offers to purchase the light bars, looks like this is a no go item, so I have two lightbars one of each style, built and available to ship.

I am willing to let them go at half price (which is way less than what it costs me to make them) so I can clear them out of my garage and then probably ask to have the add pulled.

Style 1 price was $104.00 US one time deal to first buyer $52.00
Style 2 price was $94.00 US one time deal to first buyer $47.00

Prices include shipping to the lower 48 states, add $8.00 US for shipping to Canada.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hate to see you give it up as I was hoping for a model to fit the new 1800.
It you decide to do that I will be in line to purchase.
Thanks, mike

·
Registered
883 Posts
Still getting accustom to this new board.

I think I sent you a private message letting you know that I would love to take you up on your offer on these.

Style 1 price was $104.00 US one time deal to first buyer $52.00
Style 2 price was $94.00 US one time deal to first buyer $47.00

Send me a message or just reply to this one and let me know how to make payment and get shipping information to you.

Mike Briese
Tacoma, WA

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
PM sent concerning the light bars.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The last two light bars are sold.
I can still make them to order, but the price will be full price and the delivery will be about 2 weeks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts