GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
I have the UA heat white long sleeved, and I rode for two, 12 hour days in low 80* temps and I was a little warmer than I would of like to been. I probably wont use them again unless the temps are in the 70s.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Can't live without them. Just completed a 9 day trip out west from Houston. I use them as an undershirt. Was totally comfortable even in the 111 heat we got in Texas on the way back. I have 10 of them.

·
Registered
385 Posts
To each his own, I suppose. But, I have five (5) sets of Under Armor and I would not leave home without them. They are kinda pricey at Sporting Good Stores, but I found some at Wally_World in the "Fishing" section that were marked down to $5.00 each. I found two my size and bought them both. I wore them under a very light weight white short sleeved shirt. Got rained on several times but, the shirts dried in a matter of minutes. I do not think you will be disappointed. If you buy them and don''t like them and they are at least a 2XL, I'll take them off your hands. They also keep that hot sun off your skin. Light skinned or dark, it doesn't matter... Old man sun will get you if you let him. Happy trails to you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I bought one of these shirts in the short sleeve version and I really liked it....now I have 7 of them. I just got back from a trip riding through 8 states in temps anywhere from 84 to 106. The shirts are lightweight and very comfortable while wearing under a jacket. I have never tried the long sleeve version though.

In really high temps, I won't ride without them.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I learned about under armour heat gear and cold gear while overseas in the army. I have worn it in below zero weather and in over 125 degree weather. The best thing I can say about it that the product works every bit as it should. I would highly recommend it.

Charles

·
Registered
889 Posts
I too have several UA tee shirts, both long and short sleeved, and both black and white colored. I always (almost always) wear a long sleeved one any day I ride summer or winter. The need for some sun protection is very great here where I live and ride. The long sleeves combined with sunscreen underneath give me good protection from the sun. I also wear a mesh jacket anytime I ride, and in the heat of summer, my wife and I wear neck cooling wraps as well as a cool vest over the longsleeved shirts and under the mesh jacket. It's the only way you can really survive without roasting inside and out here in the hot dry summers.

I also own some heat gear long undies and some cold gear of the same. I have found all these items from UA to be of very good quality and very useful to us as we ride any time of year. They are thin and comfortable underneath riding pants or jeans (I'm way bulky enough as it is, and don't need any additional!). I wear the UA stuff as an undershirt year round, and find it to be comfortable and very tolerable. What I like most is that they do not capture and hold moisture and become clammy and wrinkled, especially in the butt area of my pants. They work extremely well underneath the cooling vest in hot weather. And they are much more comfortable in every way as compared to cotton. I like UA stuff very much. There are other brands that may work as well and may also be cheaper in price. Whether they will last as long as my UA stuff has, I don't know. I've been wearing some of mine for almost eight years. Good stuff!

·
Registered
469 Posts
I have both the hot & cold versions and they work as they should. The hot weather shirts are amazing, they are comfortable into the high 90's. You just don't suffer like cotton shirts would. :yes1: :yes1: :yes1: :yes1:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Any moisture wicking shirt is many times better than cotton and it doesn't have to be the high priced under amour either. Wally World and most clothing stores sells these shirts. Bottom line loose that moisture retaining cotton.

·
Registered
19,235 Posts
stay cool wear long sleeves

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Another advantage I've not seen mentioned yet is that they can be washed with shampoo in the motel sink (or clear creek water) and hung up to dry by morning. They also pack very small. Makes for more luggage space for the SO's hair care implements!

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Heat index was 115 here yesterday, going to be about the same today.

All I know is it was hot digging up a water line yesterday. This morning when you walk out the door it is like a blast furnace already at 6 a.m.

High humidity........oh yea.....summer in the south.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts