GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here's the question....gl1800...bushtec hitch with dauntless adapter..
seems like the right way to go.....here's the real question anyone here
know of a hitch set-up for a '94 HD Flhtc...no real back sub-frame....
looking for some imput on those who may have run across this themselves...don't like the uni-go set-up for the HD....Thanks....
BC

·
Registered
700 Posts
recross said:
Ok here's the question....gl1800...bushtec hitch with dauntless adapter..
seems like the right way to go.....here's the real question anyone here
know of a hitch set-up for a '94 HD Flhtc...no real back sub-frame....
looking for some imput on those who may have run across this themselves...don't like the uni-go set-up for the HD....Thanks....
BC
Why not use the Uni-Go adapter Bushtec offers for the Bushtec Hitch? Multiple holes for height adjustment along with several other benefits.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John..............
so you're saying your hitch on the hd with a vertical receiver adapter from uni-go....if this is yes...than it is a no brainer for me...I would prefer to use your hitch set-up than any others...
BC

·
Registered
700 Posts
recross said:
John..............
so you're saying your hitch on the hd with a vertical receiver adapter from uni-go....if this is yes...than it is a no brainer for me...I would prefer to use your hitch set-up than any others...
BC
NO, unfortunately my comment was directed at the GL1800 application. I simply do not feel the FLH has sufficient structural integrity to maintain and control the torsonial load and stress applied by a single wheel trailer. Maybe I am to conservative and I know there are those who will disagree with me citing the number of HD's towing Uni-Go's and N-Lines. My concern stems from the number of HD FLH applications that we have seen, FIRST HAND, with broken or fatigued subframe or hitch components as the result of a poor hitch design and the bikes lack of substancial rear structure, specifically towing single wheel trailers.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
John..
Thanks so much for your expertise on this matter.....I'm glad you responded because I know being in the business that you would see the eventual outcome of this set-up.............the hd is the one I'm having concerns with......
BC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts