GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently decided to get a trailer for the Wing. I have been looking at several different trailers, and the Uni-Go Trailer has caught my eye. Those of you who have and use the Uni-Go....What do you think of the trailer?

Is there anyone in the Northern Utah, Ogden area that has a Uni-Go Trailer or knows someone that has one. I would really like to take a look at one these trailer in person.

Thanks
Steve (AKA.....Speedy)

C

·
0 Posts
Steve, I think you will save yourself a WORLD of aggravation if you use the search button at the top of this page and see how bad a vendor/manufacturer can actually be! Just click on "Search" and type in Uni-Go in the appropriate box. After you have searched Uni-Go search Aluma, Tailwind, Escapade, Hannigan, Bushtec and a bunch of others that will turn up very favorable comments about them. Just check them all out.

I own an Aluma and have really enjoyed it (along with a number of others on this board and RidersRally). Thomas Bus Sales of Des Moines Iowa can ship one at your front door for around $1600 to $1700. You can also spend in excess of $6000. The REALLY GOOD part is IT IS YOUR CHOICE!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a New Zealand-made Uni-Go and I love mine! It tracks very nicely behind the Wing and easily goes into the hotel room at night. I towed mine behind my VTX 1300 last year on a trip from Connecticut to Banff & Calgary, and it handled the trip very well.

I've heard there were some delays in manufacturing since they started making the Uni-Go in the US, but I am personally unaware of any "quality" concerns.

Scott

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I also have the New Zealand made Uni Go. Not aware of US problems. If you can get thru them, it is a great trailer IMHO. Tracks true at all speeds and road conditions. Wheels into the motel room. Stores under my work bench. Try that with some of the other trailers. Just enough extra space. If I need more room, I take the truck...

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just received my Uni-Go a few weeks ago. I ordered the trailer in early April. I received it in early August. It arrived 3 days befor a long tour of sw Colorado. I have an '02 Titanium and had the trailer painted to match. If its not too far, you're welcome to check it out. A couple points to consider.

Unless you know your way around the bike and don't mind figuring things out for yourself, have a trained mechanic do the install. I had mine done at Dauntless trailers and they struggled with the lack of directions. It would have taken me weeks to get it done. Don't underestimate this part.

Fit and finish is okay to inconsistant. I've seen several of these trailers and everyone is put together a little different. Mine is the worst I've seen. Dauntless was willing to return it but I felt I could live with it. I don't regret my decission.

It pulls and handles like a dream. I never knew it was there. I had to ask my wife to check because I just couldn't feel it and it doesn't show up in the mirrors.

I'm considering trading up to a larger trailer. If you think a low milage used trailer is in your future, I might know where to get one the same color as your bike.

Lloyd,
Everett, WA

·
Registered
30 Posts
UNI-GO

I just got my UNI-GO and put it together in about an hour and took off the next morning for a 1000 mile trip. Usuallly don't even know its there. Tracks true, no bouncing, got a lot of looks and compliments. I am very pleased with the trailer design and general looks. The paint job could be better but it is OK. :D

Benton Nance
Lumberton, NC

·
Registered
713 Posts
I've got one of the last New Zealand units. I'm not a 'wrench' by any stretch of the imagination (ask any of my friends!) yet I installed the hitch (Bushtec) and put the Unigo together (not much to that) and have nothing but praise for it. Am absolutely delighted. I've heard the new American builders are having some headaches getting up and running, but when they do - if they haven't already - the design is sound and worthy of consideration. I'll have mine for a long time and if something happens to it, I'll order another, without hesitation. :D :D

·
Registered
19,309 Posts
Do a search- I think the Unigos are a work in progress

·
Registered
472 Posts
laen said:
Do a search- I think the Unigos are a work in progress
You may be right. I have one of the new US made uni-go's. On the upside I love the concept, it tows great, handles well, looks cool and holds a bunch of stuff. On the down side I have had small and large issues with it. PM me for details if interested. I'm still all for this trailer and wouldn't discourage anyone from getting one although at this point I would likely encourage anyone interested to wait a bit. I wish I had.

Best Regards,
Chris

·
Registered
872 Posts
I'll second everything said about the Uni-Go, particularily the New Zealand made trailers.
You really do have to check occasionally to see if it is still there. And we also bring it into the motel room at night.
It holds a lot more than you would think it could, several bags, even a portable BBQ.
That being said, hopefully the new manufacturer will soon get everything running the way it should.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Steve,
U have a PM.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Steve,
Received your pm that you aren't getting my pm's!?!?!?. If you want, send me a pm with your phone # and I will call you so we can set up a time for you to come down to slc to see my trailer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts