GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone here towing a Unigo trailer?
I am looking to purchase a Unigo. My 2018 came with this hitch, and this ball. What kind of a receiver will I need? What kind of wiring harness will I need? Is the harness a difficult install? Can I do it, or should I let a shop do it?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
That is completely different from my 2012 with a vertical Bushtec hitch. Vertical of my hitch is straight vertical and not at an angle. I don't see a pinch bolt on yours either. Definitely need that so there is NO slop. Might be it is there and hidden from view.
I searched Unigo trailers in Florida and Texas and saw nothing for a 2018. I thought someone on this forum had a Unigo with the new gen Wing so i don't know how they did it.
Hopefully they will come on and know the answers for you.

The owner of Unigo is [email protected]
They don't seem to ever answer any phone number but skip answered my e-mail pretty fast last week.

Reactions: danzigg66203

·
Registered
108 Posts
I installed a Rivco hitch on my 2021 DCT Tour. I tow a Uni-Go and a camping trailer, using two separate hitch plates. They appear to be angled about like yours. You can google Rivco and 2018 hitch to see what the angle looks like.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I pull a Unigo with my 2018. I have a bushtec hitch that uses the vertical hitch receiver. Pic 1. Yours looks like the receiver needs to be at an angle. They make an adapter that replaces the ball. See pic 2. Remove the ball off your receiver. The place in Texas is great to deal with.
I have the Electrical Connection trailer Isolator kit with a 5 flat wiring connector. The Unigo came with a 7 pin flat connector. Mine is a New Zealand made model and maybe that is common down there. I removed it and went with the 5 pin.
We love this trailer.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I pull a Unigo with my 2018. I have a bushtec hitch that uses the vertical hitch receiver. Pic 1. Yours looks like the receiver needs to be at an angle. They make an adapter that replaces the ball. See pic 2. Remove the ball off your receiver. The place in Texas is great to deal with.
I have the Electrical Connection trailer Isolator kit with a 5 flat wiring connector. The Unigo came with a 7 pin flat connector. Mine is a New Zealand made model and maybe that is common down there. I removed it and went with the 5 pin.
We love this trailer.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply, it's a great help. Did you wire the harness in by yourself?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
If your bike has a hitch now it probably has a trailer harness. In that case, easy enough to make the plugs compatible. Biggest question might be if the current bike harness is four, five or maybe six wire.

If you need a harness, you can check the super secret Inventor's Hobby Shop forum and see the one built be Steve Kowalaki, M61A1MECH.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I wired my 2012 myself. The harness I got from Texas Motorcycle Trailers plus came with good instructions.
My bike was wired for a different trailer also. It was easier to replace the harness rather than modify the existing one.
That way there was no cutting and splicing involved.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts