GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bike cover. Does anyone make a cover that slips over the windshield but continues further or the rear portion that attaches to the ends of the handgrips ,thereby covering the dash gps, satelite radio etc... ?

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I originally purchased one in approx 1997 for a GL1500. When I purchased my 1800 in Feb 2001 I found that it fit the 1800 perfectly. It works great for keeping the seat mostly dry and keeping eyes from easily viewing the dash and top shelter area. With about 100K miles of touring on it, it still fits perfectly.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I won an ATV cover at one of those benefit auctions we did to raise money for a friend who needed money to cover the costs of cancer treatment.

It fits the whole bike, is waterproof except where moisture might blow up under it in spots, has an elastic band in the edge which makes it fit pretty tight around the bike, the only down side was it is some kind of woodsy camo, although I like that sort of thing anyway...lol. It fits from under the front of the front fender all the way back over the rear trunk and saddle bags, and down the sides all the way to the exhaust pipes.

And it wads up into a very small ball that fits way back in one of the corners of my saddle bag.

Might look at something like that. Not specifically made for a MC but it sure works for me.

Mac

·
Registered
19,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I don't want a 1/2 cover. I guess what I want has not been invented. I want a lightly cloth padded cover that goes over the windshield and in the rear covers your controls,gps,xm etc... that can go on in 30 seconds at a food stop

C

·
0 Posts
Invent it my man, and call it The Laen Cover! It ain't space shuttle work and I bet it would sell. I would sure use one. It would be great for slipping over the shield and bars to cover up all the electronic goodies at resturants and other brief stops.

Good Luck!

coolhand

1 - 8 of 8 Posts