GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sandi & I have decided to deed 15 acres of land to Cassie (15 year old daughter who has wanted to go to Texas A&M to become a veterinarian since she could TALK)! We are hoping she will stay & build a home / family in the BCS area with old mom / dad :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:!

What do y'all think of this as a UNIQUE XMAS gift to a 15 year old?

Merry CHRISTmas & Happy New Year!

Shane

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tequilaroy said:
Papa? Is that you?[/quote

I definitely am the PAPA of my CaSmootchie (don't tell Cassie I told y'all what I call her)!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Shane

·
Registered
624 Posts
Where is BCS area?

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
(B)ryan (C)ollege (S)ation = home of Texas A&M...

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
That's a heck of a present. I would think even a 15 yr old would appreciate that!

Dep

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dep said:
That's a heck of a present. I would think even a 15 yr old would appreciate that!

Dep
While Cassie is definitely Mom's BEST FRIEND, she even spends time with old dad (ridden over 11,000 miles in the past 14 months and she hopefully will be riding with me up to Bushtec's factory to pickup our new Bushtec trailer sometime in the spring)!

Shane

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Throw in a Tree House, and I think you did it.

Very good nest egg and or estate planning.

Lots of good can come from that parcel. Land is the best gift, they don't make any more.

Bulldog

·
Registered
868 Posts
Shane,

You intersted in adopting a son? If so, I'm available. I'm a little old to be going back to college, but I'll sure give it a shot. I'm also house broke, for the most part :)

That a very nice gift, I'm sure she will appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bulldog said:
Throw in a Tree House, and I think you did it.

Very good nest egg and or estate planning.

Lots of good can come from that parcel. Land is the best gift, they don't make any more.

Bulldog
If anything happens to Sandi / I, CaSMOOTCHIE gets all 41 acres + HOUSE!

While many of you live outside GOD'S LAND, we were BLESSED to HAVE LIVED IN TEXAS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:!

Merry CHRISTmas & Happy New Year!

Shane

·
Registered
624 Posts
Okay, I'm very familiar with Bryan-College Station. I've spent lot's of time there. Live about an hour and a half away. Never heard it referred to as BCS.

I misunderstood your post. I thought you were afraid she was going to go off to college at A&M and not come back home to BCS.

That's a great gift. She'll probably move off to Whoknowswhere and then return home to retire on the 15 acres Doesn't hurt to offer a little incentive though.

Good luck! :D

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Shane, your CAS must me a very mature young lady. To have a goal like she's had for so many years is different from many of today's youth. I trust she is able to reach the goal. And your thoughtful gift may not give her the thrill that something more glitzy would give, but for the long haul represents a wonderful idea (even with a few strings attached - I see your plan, old buddy). It will be interesting to see how she reacts to the gift - please keep us posted.

I remember well the day you had to drive into Fredericksburg to get me help with Rio's flat back tire. I was on my way to Kerrsville to meet Tom Finch, pulling the Time Out Camper I had for a few months when BAM! - rear tire went flat. You rode into town because with THREE cell phones we couldn't get any coverage where we were. Then you rode back to let me know you had contacted a tow company and they were on their way. You offered to stick around, but I shooed you on your way as you had some business to attend to that afternoon. I really appreciated your making a tough situation into a more-than-tolerable one. Thanks again!

Mesquite Bob

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Nice gift. I hope you have enough money to pay for her college, though, as it will probably be considered an asset in any financial aid applications.. Kids are expected to give up most of their current assets when calculating how much aid they are eligible for.. But that would be private matter.. I like the concept...

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
ShaneStump said:
... While many of you live outside GOD'S LAND, we were BLESSED to HAVE LIVED IN TEXAS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:!
If you're proud of that, why isn't it in your profile so it appears in the left column under where your avatar would normally be?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
MesquiteBob said:
Shane, your CAS must me a very mature young lady. To have a goal like she's had for so many years is different from many of today's youth. I trust she is able to reach the goal. And your thoughtful gift may not give her the thrill that something more glitzy would give, but for the long haul represents a wonderful idea (even with a few strings attached - I see your plan, old buddy). It will be interesting to see how she reacts to the gift - please keep us posted.

I remember well the day you had to drive into Fredericksburg to get me help with Rio's flat back tire. I was on my way to Kerrsville to meet Tom Finch, pulling the Time Out Camper I had for a few months when BAM! - rear tire went flat. You rode into town because with THREE cell phones we couldn't get any coverage where we were. Then you rode back to let me know you had contacted a tow company and they were on their way. You offered to stick around, but I shooed you on your way as you had some business to attend to that afternoon. I really appreciated your making a tough situation into a more-than-tolerable one. Thanks again!

Mesquite Bob
Thanks for the kind words Bob! Besides being a gentleman, you made a very personal impression on me to this day.

Shane

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
All Boots No Saddle said:
ShaneStump said:
... While many of you live outside GOD'S LAND, we were BLESSED to HAVE LIVED IN TEXAS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:!
If you're proud of that, why isn't it in your profile so it appears in the left column under where your avatar would normally be?
I never noticed that I removed my location information when I removed my StumpWare avatar! I will put it back!

Shane

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
joe_flash said:
Nice gift. I hope you have enough money to pay for her college, though, as it will probably be considered an asset in any financial aid applications.. Kids are expected to give up most of their current assets when calculating how much aid they are eligible for.. But that would be private matter.. I like the concept...
Thanks for the advice - I will talk it over with my accountant and find out if it best we keep the land in our name until she graduates college / vet school.

The thought is to keep a CLOSE FAMILY TOGETHER :D!

Shane

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
That's way cool shane. I've never heard of that type of gift before. Great Idea for sure. Merry Christmas to you ........ :)

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
That's a great gift and even though she may not appreciate it now, she will in the future.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts