GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Surfing the net today and ran across a vendor that has some very attractive pricing on hundreds of items. Problem for me is I could not find any information about this vendor or even where they are located. The site seems well put together but I would like to know more about them before I sign up and buy anything. Take a look around and see what you think. Anybody know anything about them?

tcrcroun.com

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I looked up a starter for a 2002 Civic and nothing but complaints. $38.99 ---- free shipping over $40--- LOL
They seem to have a lot of stuff but not sure of quality or fitment.

EDIT: Mostly complaints on alternators for 2002 Civic also.. Had a bunch of different brands.
Customer service is not the best in the reviews.

I have a DB Electrical alternator on my Civic and so far so good with 4000 miles on it.
Not sure i would trust DB on the Wing.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Here is what I can find out. The website has only been registered since Aug 6, 2021 so fairly new. It is registered to Neil Reed of 4350 Orphan Road, Nekoosa, WI. The phone number used to register the domain appears to be legit and is a landlines in Nekoosa. But the address used doesn't show up as a legit address. Google maps does not seem to show any such road or address. There also is absolutely no info coming up on a Neil Reed in Nekoosa either. Interestingly enough, an average Gmail address is used in the domain registration [email protected] and then the contact us email on the site is [email protected], another average type of email. And the DANNEY email listed in contact us is not even a link but rather an image. For a reputable company, I would expect that the contact us would use an @tcrcroun.com email address.

I'm sure I could look further and find more issues but there are enough red flags that I would recommend completely avoiding it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Charter doesn't give the same warning or I would not have continued to the site. Hope that wasn't a mistake but so far,so good.
The only way I would consider buying from them is with a prepaid card. Thanks for the comments.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
They don't take Paypal, or any orders over the phone. That's odd. They have a chrome timing chain cover for $25 Tempting to try them. But I'll stay away.

·
Registered
505 Posts
My company firewall blocks it as malware. I'd stay clear if I were you

Reactions: JoeHall

·
Registered
21,310 Posts
Maybe board member Big Jammer knows him, apparently they live about 5 miles from each other.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
That little voice screaming at you to stay away...listen to it.

·
Premium Member
19,799 Posts
run don't walk

·
Registered
8 Posts
I looked up a starter for a 2002 Civic and nothing but complaints. $38.99 ---- free shipping over $40--- LOL
They seem to have a lot of stuff but not sure of quality or fitment.

EDIT: Mostly complaints on alternators for 2002 Civic also.. Had a bunch of different brands.
Customer service is not the best in the reviews.

I have a DB Electrical alternator on my Civic and so far so good with 4000 miles on it.
Not sure i would trust DB on the Wing.
Put a DB alternator on my wing and had no problem.

·
Registered
2007 GL1800, 2018 CRF1000L, 2014 CRF250L, 2000 CBR600
74 Posts
I tried ordering a helmet recently from a similar style company. Order never sent, money refunded. Definitely just avoid this site.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts