GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
2008 Goldwing
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning a trip from the Twin Cities across the UP next summer…Looking at Ironwood up to Houghton over to Marquette then down to Escanaba…Any route planning or UP tips would be greatly appreciated!

· Registered
3,872 Posts
Greatlake Shipwreck museum, whitefish point. every lighthouse you can get too, tahquamenon logging museum was nice, but I don’t know if it is still running. There’s another maritime museum in Grand Marais, MI, US ski and snowboard museum near Ishpeming if your into that, there is a lot of tourist stuff where you listed to go. Same with what I’ve jotted down here. But show up in the mornings and it’s nice. Then ride and eat in the afternoon.

· Registered
2008 Goldwing
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’ll try to refrain…A ”Yooper” is to Michigan as an “Iron Ranger” is to Minnesota. If you Google “the second week of Deer Camp” it’ll give you an idea…P

· Registered
2,553 Posts
Did the UP tour a few years ago. From north central MN we went thru Superior WI coming and going.You don't get to see the lake views as much as you would think but the Porcupine Mountain park road system and Lake in the Clouds view is nice and once up to Copper Harbor we went down the "east" side thru Gay (had to stop at the "Gay Bar") great city run campground at Lake Linden.
Water Sky Plant Natural landscape Tree
Tire Plant community Plant Tent Wheel
Water Sky Water resources Plant Natural landscape
Footwear Sky Jeans Plant Leaf

· Registered
523 Posts
You should go in Feb. It’s awesome fun!

Attachments

· Registered
1,370 Posts
Suggest a visit to Tahquamenon Falls, and tour around Escanaba on the waters of Little Bay De Noc. Speaking of Gay, MI, Escanaba has an excellent restaurant known for good steak, and burgers which advertises itself as "LGBQT+ friendly" :oops:. Yeah, been a while since we have been there.

· Registered
9,500 Posts
I don't know these "codes" including what a Yooper is. We don't use them in Canada as far as I know.
Cheer up, I also have no idea what all these codes mean either :unsure:

Ronnie

• Haha
Reactions: david vaughn

· Registered
190 Posts
A$1 (Canadian) coin is called a loon (because it has a loon bird on it). The $2 coin is .... wait for it..... a toonie!!!
A yooper is one who lives in the UP (Upper Peninsula). UPer.... get it?:)
BTW, a Newfie is one from Newfoundland.

· Registered
1,337 Posts
A$1 (Canadian) coin is called a loon (because it has a loon bird on it). The $2 coin is .... wait for it..... a toonie!!!
A yooper is one who lives in the UP (Upper Peninsula). UPer.... get it?:)
BTW, a Newfie is one from Newfoundland.
And someone who lives south of the Mackinaw Bridge, like I do, is called a Troll. We live under the bridge, get it? Lol

· Registered
826 Posts
Planning a trip from the Twin Cities across the UP next summer…Looking at Ironwood up to Houghton over to Marquette then down to Escanaba…Any route planning or UP tips would be greatly appreciated!
Are you camping or hotels?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts