GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on buying a Goldwing Tour DCT. The 2020 model has some modifications which apparently assist with low speed handling. Does anyone know if the 2018 models get this update or is it specific to the 2020? Also has anyone experienced the difference the change makes? If the difference is negligible, I can save some $$ by buying the 2018. Thanks.

·
Love The DCT
11,327 Posts
I'm planning on buying a Goldwing Tour DCT. The 2020 model has some modifications which apparently assist with low speed handling. Does anyone know if the 2018 models get this update or is it specific to the 2020? Also has anyone experienced the difference the change makes? If the difference is negligible, I can save some $$ by buying the 2018. Thanks.
The hardware and software updates to the 2020 DCT are specific to the 2020 model. 2018 and 2019 models do not get those updates.

·
Vendor
21,306 Posts
Honda will most likely release an update sometime later this year for the Navigation/Audio system functions that will make them mirror the changes to the 2020 Nav unit. But Honda will NOT update the ECM with the changes for throttle and transmission mapping.

The only other option for 2018/19 owners will be to have the ECM reflashed by Guhl motors. I'll have to see what changes Honda made to the 2020 ECM, but I suspect they will be very similar to what Don Guhl has already done.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Honda will most likely release an update sometime later this year for the Navigation/Audio system functions that will make them mirror the changes to the 2020 Nav unit. But Honda will NOT update the ECM with the changes for throttle and transmission mapping.

The only other option for 2018/19 owners will be to have the ECM reflashed by Guhl motors. I'll have to see what changes Honda made to the 2020 ECM, but I suspect they will be very similar to what Don Guhl has already done.
Dang it Fred! You are just adding to my list of things you are going to have to do to my new bike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts