GL1800Riders Forums banner
161 - 180 of 360 Posts

·
Registered
8,608 Posts
Actually, John is off all pain medications right now. :thumbup: He only grunted once when they rolled him while we were there. I was surprised when Eleanore told us he wasn't on any pain medications. He sure is a tough one, although he is not one to complain either. He just goes with the flow.

He is in really good shape for what he has been through, in my opinion. He looks good, although he does need a hair cut. :lol: :nojoke:
Nancy
Bill,
Is John able to speak enough to carry on a conversation?
Has there been a post explaining what happened in the accident yet? All I've heard so far is that it happened at a speed of 60-65mph.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
Bill,
Is John able to speak enough to carry on a conversation?
Has there been a post explaining what happened in the accident yet? All I've heard so far is that it happened at a speed of 60-65mph.
At this time, John is unable to hold a conversation. He will, sometimes and at his leisure, answer a question. He knows who he is and who Eleanore is. He does seem to know people but he is unable to even answer a simple question sometimes.
Nancy

·
Registered
8,608 Posts
At this time, John is unable to hold a conversation. He will, sometimes and at his leisure, answer a question. He knows who he is and who Eleanore is. He does seem to know people but he is unable to even answer a simple question sometimes.
Nancy
Thanks, Nancy.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
Update 7/14

No call from Eleanore last night due to a storm. The hotel was out of power and they had tornado warnings going. She was ready to go. She packed a small bag in case they were evacuated.

Dialysis went alright yesterday.

John is a little closer to being transported home but still no date as to when he will be back in Wisconsin. Due to him not being able to hold a conversation and tiring very easy, visitors will be limited until he gets stronger.

Nancy

·
Registered
8,608 Posts
I check in to this post everyday without responding.

Thanks guys for keeping us informed

I have to say that i miss them alot and pray that they will be back in there home someday soon.
I second that!

You got friends that 'love ya', John. Come back to us soon. :bow:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
Update 7/17

Good news......

John is home in Wisconsin!!! :bow: Lets face the facts, he is not the John we all remember, yet. :cry: Due to him not being able to hold a conversation and tiring very easy, visitors will be limited until he gets stronger. There is a list of people who can visit him, which Eleanore will update as he gets stronger. She has asked if Bill and I would help her with this, I have agreed. It is not that we don't want him to have visitors but he is in for a long haul of recovery. Eleanore wants to make sure there are people who are still willing to come visit in a couple of months when John will be up to more visitors.

The hospital is still learning John and he has to get accustomed to the new place. He will have dialysis on Monday, Wednesday and Friday's. Physical, occupational, and speech therapy will be everyday.

The updates probably won't be coming as often since he is going to be the same for a little while, while he recovers. :shrug: Definitely, none until at least Sunday night since Bill and I are going to the camping at Tom's this weekend.

By the way, there will be a card there for John for people to sign. If interested in signing, stop by and have some fun while you're there. We will keep the card for a little while to give others a chance to sign it also. Maybe a Kelly's trip for another chance to sign???

Nancy

·
Registered
239 Posts
Please let Eleanor know the we want to visit HER as well. We are concerned about John for sure but totally understand the need to take it slow with the visits to him. But, we also want to offer whatever comfort to Eleanor that we can. You mentioned a list. Where and when will that be made available?

Thanks,

Dave

·
Crazy Northerner
8,632 Posts
Dave is right. I know Eleanor is probably tied up with many things pertaining to John, but if she needs some friends to visit with or maybe go to lunch with or even just to sit with we are here. In the mean time we will continue with our prayers for John and her.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Maybe there are some things we can do for them; grocery shopping, cut the grass, help clean the house. I am sure they are overwhelmed. If one person could do one small chore, with all of us it could lift a huge burden. Maybe that is already happening. Bill and Nancy, would you let us know?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Fantastic news! Glad that John has improved so much that his condition has been upgraded, and he's been able to come home to Wisconsin.

My prayers continue to go out to John and Elanor, along with his immediate and extended family.

I also agree with those thought for Elanor and family. John may be the one in the hospital, but it affects more than him.

I'll also offer what I can for support for Elanor around the house. Riders helping riders! :thumbup:

·
Registered
8,608 Posts
Great to know John is home. You guys that live near, take good care of him an Eleanore.
Wish I was closer so I could help too..

·
Registered
2008 GL1800 2nd Gen
1,567 Posts
Great to hear John is close to home.

Hey Joe. How about getting a card and sign our names of those that want it. Give it to John. When we can later, those of us that can visit can visit.

Just a thought of how our good wishes can help.

If you do this sign Obwan and Guardrail up wishing the best!

Just a thought.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I too check this post every day. Thank you Bill and Nancy for keeping us updated. Please add my name to the card. If there is any work around Johns home or anything that I can help with just let me know.
I hope the day comes soon John is able to have visitors! When that day comes, I will be there along with many other riders! John and his family remain in my prayers.
Ride safe......................Jeff

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Very good news.................So glad to hear John is back where he belongs. HOME.
This has too be a huge weight off Eleanor's shoulders.
Still praying for John and family. We, June and I think and pray every day for all involved.

Nancy and Bill thanks for your continued updates and being there for Eleanor.
Please put June and I on list for a visit.

Thanks Lee

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Please ad Linda and Orrin to the card. Also ask Elenore what we can do. I want to make the time. All of these good wishes can't help but make him heal faster.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Add Bruce and Nancy too please. I hope all goes well for them.

161 - 180 of 360 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.