GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago I post on the old board that the right chrome panel down by my right foot flew off while riding. Honda has decided to resolve this for me by replacing that part and a new set of grommets. Took a while becuase my case go lost in the shuffle at my dealer but yesterday my service guy got on the stick and got it done for me. :D

Nice to finally say something nice about my dealer. :wink:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Refresh our memories a little. Had you had some service work done prior to it leaving without notice, or did it just catch a wind gust? I haven't had any come off, but it would be nice to know just how far you can go in getting Honda to cover any pieces that fall off due to design flaws. I mean, really, would a car owner stand for it without a fight if their bumper cover or gas door flew off going down the road?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually was the second time.

It was actually the second time. I had lost one prior and just replaced the panel and grommets myself. Didn't really even think to try to get replace for free from Honda. Posted on the board and others had the same problem. Then took in for 4000 miles service. It was about a month after that when it flew off again. Took the grommets with it too. Talked to a fellow costomer of a local shop and he said he had the same problem and that his dealer got Honda to take care of it. Don't know if anything the techs did contributed to the second time but I still can't stand for parts falling of my bike. I mean for God's sake what if a Harley rider had been behind me. I would never hear the end of it!!!!!!!!

Anyway, alls well that ends well.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That wouldn't be as bad.......

It would be worse if they had the chance to tease me in person right when it happened. :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts