GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from seeing TJ at Tampa Gen Hosp again.
Today he was in alot better spirits then the last time I was there. We had a great conversation today but he is still not out of the woods yet.
The good news is he is out of ICU and is in a regular room and today was the first time he was able to eat real food if thats what you call hosp food. Also I was talking to the doc and he said it looks like he will be moving into a rehab room tomorrow or the next day.
The bad news is he has a C2 fracture in his neck and is in a lot of pain and could take some time to heal. It could take about two weeks or so in rehab. When he goes home he will need some help there. When he was in ICU his cell phone came up missing so they are trying to locate that. When I was leaving he told me to tell everyone thanks for all the well wishes.
I will be going back to visit him next week and give you an update.
Gary

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Thanks Gary for the update. We should be in Florida by nov. TJ should be up and around by then good luck TJ.:thumbup:

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Good to hear, Gary. Hope the rehab goes well and he can get out soon.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Best wishes for a speedy recovery from a Missouri DarkSider !

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
WOW, very late hearing of this, and wish TJ all the best. Thanks Gary for posting and checking in on him.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Thanks for the update!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
All the best in a speedy recovery TJ. :thumbup:

·
Florida Moderator
4,617 Posts
I really feel sorry for TJ...that hospital food looks terrible. You're a tough old bird TJ, you'll be outta there in no time...if you survive the food:eek:4:

Get Well Buddy!

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
:agree:Food looks really bland.
Anybody notice that TJ has a glowing finger just like ET.

·
IronMan
17,672 Posts
et says go home soon lol hope he gets fixed up good n can ride again

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
:agree:Food looks really bland.
Anybody notice that TJ has a glowing finger just like ET.

I heard that's just the way he likes it. :roll:

TJ, hurry up & get well soon. I'll be down in January to check on ya.
I think Wingjammer said he'd buy me dinner. If your up & around maybe you'll get a dinner outta him too. :p
thecruiser

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
I heard that's just the way he likes it. :roll:

TJ, hurry up & get well soon. I'll be down in January to check on ya.
I think Wingjammer said he'd buy me dinner. If your up & around maybe you'll get a dinner outta him too. :p
thecruiser
That I did, however you failed to mention the cap max is $2.99 including drink, taxes and gratuities.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
That I did, however you failed to mention the cap max is $2.99 including drink, taxes and gratuities.

jammer,
I heard you were cheap but... MAN!:wrong:
Do you realize you can't even get a Blizzard for $2.99?:22yikes:
thecruiser

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Not cheep, small fixed income, another victim of the Obameconomy.

Yes, I realize the prices, doin' the best I can.

I hear Ya. We're in the same boat. Hard to find gas money for the Wing sometimes, isn't it.

my wife doesn't Ride anymore due to neck surgery so gas money for the Wing isn't too high on her priority list.

We'd be stayin' home if it wasn't for the fact the work project we go on provide us with a place to park the 5th wheel with sewer, water and electric.

I guess DQ has 'mini'- Blizzards now. Good thing too.

Hope Ya know it's all in jest about the dinner thing. This will be our first extended visit to Florida. I'm looking forward to meetin' Y'all.
I was able to meet Road Runner up (to you) in Ohio last month. I rode down Ride with him and his 'Retired& Riding' cronies for a day. Whadda bunch of jer----, I mean great guys. :thumbup:
thecruiser

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I went back to visit TJ today at the hosp and when i was there i met his brother and sister/in/law. He was in typical TJ form. I'm just counting the days before he gets kicked out of there. :lol: It looks like he will be there for a while yet in rehab. I will be out of town for three weeks and will not be able to visit him so his brother is going to update me on his changes and i will update you guys when i here something. I was in touch with John about when he get back home we will put together a RTE down by him and go visit.
Gary

Gary & TJ

TJ in Rehab

TJ with his Brother & Sister/in/Law

1 - 20 of 38 Posts