GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to give an update on my experience with these mufflers. Several have asked so now I have the facts per my experience.........

I purchased a set of Torq Master mufflers for my 03 GL1800 from a member of the board. They were new. They installed in 30 min. with no difficulty. They sounded much like a Valkyrie only a little louder. The noise level increased slightly after 1000 miles. They were loud like a sports car, (PORSCHE) but not obnoxious. I also received the silencers for these mufflers. They slip into the end of the muffler. I just put them in today after about 1k without them. WOW what a difference. The sound is still the same, a low growl, but the decibel level was dramatically reduced. Setting side by side with a stock 1800 you can not hear any difference in the sound LEVEL. With the silencers these mufflers are as quiet as the stockers. I did not notice any drop in performance after installing the silencers. They slip in the end of the muffler and are held with one screw. Five min. install and about the same to remove. Just depends on what sound you want for that day. If you have wanted the best of both worlds,,,,, quiet today and loud tomorrow, these will do the trick.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts