GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had posted in the Riding in the cold thread about the knuckle warmers that I had ordered. I got them a few days ago but haven't been able to install and use them today! Install is simple and easy. After installing I ride for about 2 hours in temp ranging from 62f to 57f. I wore my Keen perforated gloves and my hands were fine! Normally I would have to wear my gauntlet leather gloves but not with these knucklewarmers installed! Here's the link, https://knucklewarmers.com
I recommend these but I have never had any thing like this on a bike before they are the only ones I have used.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I have had them on my GW for a couple months now, and love them. They can be removed or installed in less than 1 minute, without turning ANY bolts or screws. I rode about 300 miles and six hours today; 34-37 degree temps, and a cloudy, windy day. I used both, the electric gloves and the KWs, and needed them both. My hands were nice and warm, but without either one of those accessories, they woulda been cold. Th KWs keep the wind and rain off, which is half the battle. On shorter trips, say less than 50 miles, either the gloves or KWs would probably have been enough. But after several hours, the cold just creeps in anywhere it can.

Reactions: RickLB and Drgsin

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,543 Posts
What model are the knucklewarmers that are used for the Gold Wing? Do you have a picture showing the side where your hands go in them ?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
They look like Hippo Hands..... At least that was what I got years ago before I got heated grips (when I had my 2002). I sort of had to fudge a little getting them on the bars because of the big switch cluster, cup holder mount and phone mount. I have not used them since I got heated grips and heated gloves. If you don't want to spend lots of $$$ on electric gloves, these are a good way to go.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What model are the knucklewarmers that are used for the Gold Wing? Do you have a picture showing the side where your hands go in them ?
On the website it ask for make and model of bike. I don't have a pic right now but will get one later today!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
They look like Hippo Hands.....
Except these look a LOT smaller than HH. I think I still have my HH around somewhere.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That looks easy, does it block the view of the mirrors?
They do block them some. I've got one side that is good and the other has some blockage. Just requires leaning over a little too get a good view.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Pictures as requested. Bottom picture for some reason keeps turning upside down here.....

Attachments

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have had them on my GW for a couple months now, and love them. They can be removed or installed in less than 1 minute, without turning ANY bolts or screws. I rode about 300 miles and six hours today; 34-37 degree temps, and a cloudy, windy day. I used both, the electric gloves and the KWs, and needed them both. My hands were nice and warm, but without either one of those accessories, they woulda been cold. Th KWs keep the wind and rain off, which is half the battle. On shorter trips, say less than 50 miles, either the gloves or KWs would probably have been enough. But after several hours, the cold just creeps in anywhere it can.
You're right Joe, I've ridden in the 30's the past 3 days and had to use my winter gloves. Those gloves, heated grips and the KWs made it an enjoyable ride.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts