GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some folk from a previous post wanted a update to a idea I had ! Well Here it is! It is designed to carry to helmets Their will be tennis balls on top to protect inside of helmets ,helmets will be secured using their own chin straps.& then covered with helmets bags to keep all the road grime out! I will be painting it soon!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
For use when riding? Or for storage when parked?

Novel idea, got me thinking about some similar methods...

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For use when riding? Or for storage when parked?

Novel idea, got me thinking about some similar methods...
Riding - I switch between 1/2 and full face helmets ,depending on riding conditions ! So we are making a run this summer from middle Ga to Cali...So it will free up room for me as I use to put them in a bag And put on trunk rack!

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
If I was using it while moving, I'd probably get a couple of those polystyrene heads from a Wig shop or online, just to spread the inside load on the helmet lining.

I'd paint a couple of funny faces on them for when a helmet is not on them.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I was using it while moving, I'd probably get a couple of those polystyrene heads from a Wig shop or online, just to spread the inside load on the helmet lining.

I'd paint a couple of funny faces on them for when a helmet is not on them.
I hear ya ! may end up that way--Nerf balls work good to ..LOL

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hope you don't drag your "chins" on the ground going in and out of parking lots and such! I couldn't really tell if your brackets were tall enough to prevent this? Always good to have more storage room though!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
924 Posts
Think I would just get another waterproof bag and bungie them on to the rack.....jer

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hope you don't drag your "chins" on the ground going in and out of parking lots and such! I couldn't really tell if your brackets were tall enough to prevent this? Always good to have more storage room though!

Did test run this am so far so good ,but have not hit any major dips ! I think I have left enough room for this ,plus I think mounting the helmets chin towards the bag as a better option to assure that dont happen! Thanks for the thought.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts