GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to thank you all for all your responses, well wishes, and comments. It does help alot to be able to talk to other people who share your sport, job, lifestyle, & ect. I know that having talked about this has definitely helped lift my spirits.

A few people mentioned about counter-steering and I guess that in my original post I might have mis-spoke myself when I said
I aggresively leaned into the turn and the bike started to respond but by now the front tire was on the white edge line.
What I should have said was 'I aggresively pushed on the left handlebar and the bike started to respond but by now the front tire was on the white edge line.'

I have taken the MSF basic rider course and I think that maybe I should it again or move up to the experienced rider course. I know that time spent in training & practice is time well spent.

The good news is that I just got back from the dealer with our new 06 GoldWing. It is again in Titanium but it has the ABS this time. It rides wonderfully !

The best news is that my wife drove me to the dealer. She is feeling much better. She is one tough cookie. I am very lucky to have her.

Again THANKS TO ALL for the support and may God bless you all.

Ride Safe
Ken

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Read your original post and said a short prayer for us all. It is amazing how quickly things deteriorate in riding situations. Thank you for your post, God Bless you and your wife and Im glad you are both okay. I had a very similar situation unfold on me last week on an exit ramp. Ended up looking where I needed to be, cranking the bar and trying to get some weight to the inside of the curve, making it around after much obfurication. Thanks for posting, makes one think. Enjoy the new wing!! :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts