GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK - The wife wanted to go to pick up the new ride so I was only waiting for the rain to pass for her sake. There really was no way I wasn't going to be getting it on Saturday. Finally donned the rain suit and headed off solo.

From past experience I know what it's like to pull out of a dealership with new tires and wind up facing the opposite direction than what you had planned - (no damage by the grace of God - somehow I didn't even pull a groin muscle.) Before we bought, we had a Wing for an extended test ride - 4 days and weather that included 25 mph winds with gusts to 50. Sold me on the handling. Frame mounted fairing :thumbup:

On the way there I almost missed a turn - rear wheel kept locking up with the lightest of brake and going slow - can you say major oil? Was wondering how the abs would have handled that.

Anywho - we made it - did all the paperwork and ...

GOT IT !

As for the Kaw Classic -It was hard to leave her there ...

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Congrats and lots of safe miles!!!
As far as tires - what do you have on it?
Stock tires on my 06' sucked! I also picked up in the rain, first turn and the rear went sliding... that was the end of those for me!

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
If you have the standard D250's on it as stock tires... you had better get used to having the rear end sliding around on corners when it is wet. They are probably the worst tire on the market. I don't understand why Honda is still putting those tires on as stock. They are crap, of coarse this is JMHO.

Shadow1

Hal

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! Just get up every morning and put a few hundred miles on it, and before long you'll be able to replace the oem's with a good set of Stones:lol:

·
Registered
280 Posts
If you have the standard D250's on it as stock tires... you had better get used to having the rear end sliding around on corners when it is wet. They are probably the worst tire on the market. I don't understand why Honda is still putting those tires on as stock. They are crap, of coarse this is JMHO.

Shadow1

Hal
Having read posts like this before, I was really concerned this past Sat when we got caught in a huge downpour. For me, I had no issues with the D250s in the rain.

·
Registered
608 Posts
:congrats::congrats:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Congrats and WELCOME ABOARD. :doorag:

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Good choice on the Wing, K2. Soon you won't have any memory of your V-twin. That's what happened to me. :congrats:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Congrats!!! Nothing finer than a GL1800 ABS!!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts