GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new to me 2007 GPS bike about 3 weeks ago that had 1800 miles on it. It now has about 2800 on it :)! My wife has already been on it twice, which equals the amount of times she got on the back of my Suzuki M109 in 2 years. I can now ask whether she wants to take the vette or the bike, and she will respond with lets take the wing (she calls it the Gold, but whatever :)! I have had a few sportbikes (fzr600, cbr600f3, and Triumph Daytona 675) this thing handles great for as big as it is! I accidentally dragged my toe going thru a corner with her on back, and she asked what was that? I just laughed and told her nothing until we got home. I am loving this bike! I am also catching a whole lot of crap since I am only 38 on my geezer glide, but I really just laugh because they just don't understand :)! My harley buddies quiet down when I ask if they want to run em, and my crotch rocket buddies quiet down when I ask if they want to ride 500 miles :). I was going to wait until I was 40 to get the bike, but I am glad that I bought this bike a couple years early. Thanks for listening feel free to post your thoughts! No offense to the older gents, but you all have been holding out on us young guys :)!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Joe, you nailed it. If I worked for Honda's marketing department I would take dead aim on the younger market with the Wing in mind. There are plenty of thirtysomethings out there whom can afford a Wing and they are exactly the ones I would target. It would be a perfect storm for both Momma Honda and the new riders/owners.

·
IronMan
17,623 Posts
GOT MINE AT 58 WISH I NEW HOW SWEET IT IS AT 40 ALL THEM MILES I PUT ON OTHER BIKES SURE WOULD;VE BEEN BETTER LIVE N LEARN ENJOY N BE SAFE:congrats:

·
Registered
512 Posts
joegovette,
congrats on the wing purchase,,
i have to ask queenie when we go out on the town wether she wants to take the wing or the '96 merc sable...
everyone is always ooohh,,,aaahhh ing when we roll into town in the high end '96 sable so we usually roll on the wing.
ride safe

take care,
bc

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
:congrats:I know exactly how you feel.
Kurt :thumbup::thumbup:
I just bought a new to me 2007 GPS bike about 3 weeks ago that had 1800 miles on it. It now has about 2800 on it :)! My wife has already been on it twice, which equals the amount of times she got on the back of my Suzuki M109 in 2 years. I can now ask whether she wants to take the vette or the bike, and she will respond with lets take the wing (she calls it the Gold, but whatever :)! I have had a few sportbikes (fzr600, cbr600f3, and Triumph Daytona 675) this thing handles great for as big as it is! I accidentally dragged my toe going thru a corner with her on back, and she asked what was that? I just laughed and told her nothing until we got home. I am loving this bike! I am also catching a whole lot of crap since I am only 38 on my geezer glide, but I really just laugh because they just don't understand :)! My harley buddies quiet down when I ask if they want to run em, and my crotch rocket buddies quiet down when I ask if they want to ride 500 miles :). I was going to wait until I was 40 to get the bike, but I am glad that I bought this bike a couple years early. Thanks for listening feel free to post your thoughts! No offense to the older gents, but you all have been holding out on us young guys :)!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I was 25 when I got my 1st wing, 1981 was the year, she was brand new. I'm 55 now and I still have the old girl, 130K+ on the clock. Just last March I picked up my 2nd wing, a brand new 2010 Titanium level1. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Sounds like you got a very good deal and you are finding out why so many of of us old dudes love our Gold Wings. I just turned 53 and have been riding Wings for 23 years. Power, handling, carrying capacity, dependability and comfort; what more is there to love? I bet that you never thought that a bike so big could get you into trouble so fast! These bikes can move! Enjoy!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I agree that Honda could get a younger market with little work on there part. I had a hand me down 75 wing at 16. Sold it with 140,000 on it and went to a 85 Wing then a 91 then a 08. So its all I've ever known and care to ride. I'm 44 now and will only own a Wing. :bow: WING

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
:congrats:on your purchase joegovett!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
:congrats: on your new ride and welcome to the fun.

·
Registered
333 Posts
geeza

well buddy my first wing was at 37 now my second at 51.i'm thinking on another wing with a side car at 54.my granddaughter sits on back at 6 and she thinks she is a queen of all females.it is a state of mind.my wife told me at 33 if i didn't buy the 1200 goldwing when i was 37 she would.this last year we did a coast to coast on our 2008 wing.ride long and hard

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
:congrats: On the bike, you won't find a better long haul bike at any price.

And WELCOME to the forum.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
As it is listed on some peoples signature line, "Its only your grampas bike if you ride it that way".

Welcome to the GL1800:p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts