GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 01 and an 02 Goldwing. They do not overheat, the frames aren't cracked, the bikes do not wobble, and neither one whines. (the Dunlops do however) The transmissions shift great and nothing leaks.

I posted this a little over two years ago. I am sad to say, nothing has changed. They still run perfectly. >:)

Rayjoe

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
128k on my 02 and the same. Perhaps it's something we both do right!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
I had an '01 Illusion Red with 168,000 smiles on it and experienced the same "no issues" as you. I would have never sold it except that I got a killer deal on my friends '04 with 7000 mi. :grin2:

Reactions: Clamper

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I admire you guys that don’t get the urge for a new one like I do. When I got rid of my 01, it had 202,777 miles with no problems and ran as good as new. My 02 was in great shape with 129,424 miles when it was rear ended and totaled. Had three others as well before my current ride. No problems with them either. Did have an 03 for a short while, but it caught fire and burned to the ground in less than 5 minutes. It was used when I bought it and had problems that I wasn’t aware of when I got it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have an 01 and an 02 Goldwing. They do not overheat, the frames aren't cracked, the bikes do not wobble, and neither one whines. (the Dunlops do however) The transmissions shift great and nothing leaks.

I posted this a little over two years ago. I am sad to say, nothing has changed. They still run perfectly. >:)

Rayjoe
I have the same concerning issues with my '01. After 100,000 miles, the **** thing just won't let me down.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
If your ride ANYTHING long enough and far enough, you are going to push!

Reactions: WY88

·
Registered
851 Posts
I continue seeking excuses to replace our two GWs however because of their incredible reliability, we are stuck with them. Oh well. Maybe after another 100,000 miles. :shrug:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ride or drive anything long enough and you will die of something or another.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I admire you guys that don’t get the urge for a new one like I do. When I got rid of my 01, it had 202,777 miles with no problems and ran as good as new. My 02 was in great shape with 129,424 miles when it was rear ended and totaled. Had three others as well before my current ride. No problems with them either. Did have an 03 for a short while, but it caught fire and burned to the ground in less than 5 minutes. It was used when I bought it and had problems that I wasn’t aware of when I got it.
If I had that kind of bad luck for 2 years and 2 bikes I might have considered a different hobby:shock:

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Nine years, no problems. Better than the day I bought it. Just replaced my first battery this year. 09

·
Registered
5,968 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts

Rayjoe
Don’t get too cocky, You could be riding a ticking time bomb!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,189 Posts

Rayjoe

Oh yea bubba whats the mileage on these scoots??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts