GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I'm new to the Gold Wing experience, although I've owned Hondas since 1972. (CB 350, CB 500 Four, and 2 '86 Shadows 1100)
I've read the threads about CD's vs iPods, MP3's, XM, and I don't want to open any cans of worms.
But, I've determined that the Honda CB I've just purchased is a current model (May 2006). However the CD player is dated November 2002. Have a felling CD player is not updated version. Also, how do I determine that the CD mounting kit is the current one. I've read that newer models have/don't have some sort of spring system and that, when mounted are taller than trunk floor level. Seems it would have to be installed to tell the difference.

I plan on having a local dealer install these, but only if CD player/mount is current. Will return to WW if these aren't up to date.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Silver, it's not that difficult to install the mounting bracket by itself in order to determine which type it is. I have the new type, but don't know what the old type looks like, so I can't make a comparison for you.

So, if no one else has the definitive answer for you, you might want to take a few moments and install the bracket and door (without the CD changer if it's not already attached) to see how it fits. That should give you the answer you're looking for.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Mine's the new kind, that is slightly about the floor of the trunk when closed. The new bracket allows more room for the CD changer to bounce around without banging against the sides, top, or bottom of the compartment, and has some funny gel-type shock absorbers built into the mechanism.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts