GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who make a good speaker that will bolt right in.

·
Registered
641 Posts
If you don't mind alittle modification, I just posted for sale a pair of the Sony Xplods. Do a search on these for install instructions. Not too hard really.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are front speakers the same size as the rear ones?

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Matt i saw they sell amplfiers along with the speakers, but i couldnt see it on the site you showed. I would like to put those front and back. Look like they plug right in without any modifications. I was wondering h;ow the bike could handle an amp.

·
15 year Member
6,868 Posts
Matt i saw they sell amplfiers along with the speakers, but i couldnt see it on the site you showed. I would like to put those front and back. Look like they plug right in without any modifications. I was wondering h;ow the bike could handle an amp.
I know it has been done and very succsessfully.... unfortunatley<sp> It was such a long time ago...... If you want really GREAT sound, and you have a few extra bucks, I would go with a "in Helmet" type rig... Edsets sell a superior one, J&M sells a fine unit and others can provide a better sound than running a amp and new speakers and the wireing ect, ect... Talk with a few wingers in your social circles, I am sure they NOW would opt for an in helmet speaker setup..

Matt(BCNV) ;)

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Who make a good speaker that will bolt right in.
I've been searching the threads for the same solution. Hate to say it, but the Honda OEM speakers suck real bad. Mine seem to have gotten lower in volume over time (with the same signal level input) .. and I've twice had to "splice" the wires on the rear speakers because they broke (cracked) right at the speaker in the rear housing due to the continuous opening/closing of the trunk.

I'd like to drop in some new "plug and play" speakers that are better than the OEM's. So, I too am curious as to what is out there.
:cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts