GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there has been a lot of talk about the upgraded stereo system for the Wing. I go to a mom and pop dealership, they gave me a discount on the parts themselves, as I have bought the bike and other items from them. I picked it up today and for me it was a great improvement to the stock system. The one draw back the amp takes up space in the left saddlebag, but for me that is were I store our raingear so hopefully we will be alright. I was wearing a 3/4 helmet and had a over the head mask on since it was cold. I could hear the music at different speeds. On the interstate with traffic, going 70 to 80 miles an hour, it sounded good to me. I never got above 20 on the volume level. With the old speakers I would have it on 30 and still could not hear it well. For me so far, I made the right choice in getting this upgrade. The wife has yet to ride, so hopefully she will feel the same way.

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
@BigHon I'm enjoying mine, I rarely use my Shoei Neotec II SRL prefer to listen to the bike's speakers. Rides n Smiles to ya and your upgrade on the stereo BigHon.

·
Registered
53 Posts
As far as improved sound/volume goes - it's great with the upgraded system... Worth $1k?? Notsomuch, but a marked improvement. Taking up almost 1/3 of an already reduced-in-size bag is the other thing I'm not impressed with...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts