GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride a SE GL 1500. I'm finding tapes to play are getting harder and harder to find. What's my alternatives..XM Radio, or CD player, whats the plus & minus side of each. ? What upgrade products do you think are high quality ?

Thanks,

G

·
0 Posts
Sony mini disc players....1 disc holds 5 hours of music, 1 aa battery lasts a LONGGGGGGGGGG time.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I have them both...cd player and XM.....haven't had a real chance to use the XM on the road but will in about 3 weeks at the Texas gathering, the cd player was great on the 4800 mile ride this past summer. I do listen to the Xm in the afternoons on the way home. Regular radio in the morning to hear traffic reports. Hope this helps and doesn't CORNFUSE you!

bruce aka 'the blue trawler"

:blw1:

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
XM is nice because of the constant flow, no fading except long under passes. Some people do not like the station choices, but most do find a few to their likings. (the commander is my choice model, can be rf modulated thru fm, or direct input ) The Sony Mini Recorder plays a good 4 hours plus, and last about 50 hours on one AA battery. Uses a disk similair to a computer floppy, or zip drive look. I have made one disk of music, use random select, and find no reason to make another. You do use a computer to download to the disk, USB port. Easily record the favorite CD songs onto the hard drive, then transfer to the Sony. LOVE BOTH. A few choices of Sony disk recorders out there. Do not have the pros and cons of them.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Get a nice MP3 player like IPod or whatever is out there. Since you have the computer you can download songs for 89 cents a song and have your favorites with you all the time.

Most of them has huge number of song capacity. Plus it always beats to buying a whole CD for only one or two songs you like in it.

Another plus point they are portable. After stopping at a hotel-motel on your long trips you can take it with you lik a walk-man and listen by the pool or beach or in your room.

Another plus is no skipping problems since there is no moving parts in them.

But the most important PLUS IS their price. You do not have to pay $599 in order to get a really nice one.

I use my little Kazoo MP3 Player. It cost me $99 for the unit and $36 for the extra memory now I can store about 3 hours long songs and they are all my favorite songs. If you spend a little more you can get more sophisticated ones can hold up to 300 hrs worth of music too.

Choice is yours,

·
Registered
6 Posts
upgrade

I have a Sony Mini-Disk. It has a cassette adapter that will plug into your radio. I use it in my Samurai cassette player works great. On the bike I plug into the Aux jack.

Al

1 - 11 of 11 Posts