GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have put about 900 miles on my new Wing in a week. LOVE the bike..however I do have one problem that I never had on my last bike. My upper back (in my left shoulder blade) is KILLING me after about 20 miles on the highway. I am 5'8", and am wondering if the reach to the bars is causing my pain. Anyone ever experienced this? If so, were you able to find something to help? (risers, etc)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had the same problem on each bike I had after I got back into riding ('00 Shadow, '02 Nad, '05 Wing). There are posts somewhere about this subject. When I had my physical I asked my Doc and he said it was from staying too tense when riding. He told me when I feel it coming on to sit straight, pull my arms back and push my shoulder blades together and I can feel it tense and release. By gosh, it worked for me. MN to Yellowstone and back with no upper left side shoulder pain. What works for some doesn't work for others but it might be worth a try.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Could be which gets me only on the wing (none of my other bikes). Solved it. Click flaming pic to see how. Hope this helps along with other suggestions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts