GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife wants to take me out to someplace nice for father's day. So, what is your favorite 'upscale' restaurant in the Knoxville area?

Went to Conner's with son and his wife. It was nice. Of course there is Ruth Chris, but I think they are over priced.

·
Registered
7,387 Posts
Upscale always means overpriced. Thankfully my wife is quite content with Taco Bell, an occasional Subway foot long, and the Great Wall Chinese restaraunt near us. Sometimes we'll really splurge and go to Red Lobster on our gift cards.

But seriously - I've eaten at some really fancy restaurants the world over, and wasn't impressed. Food may have looked nice, tasted good but I kept thinking of how many tanks of Bike Gas the meal cost compared to where we usually eat.

I realized this isn't what you asked - I'm just getting familiar with the Tennessee area so I really can't answer the question - but since this is a bike forum - my recommendation is eat at a three star - skip the five star and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
375 Posts
How about they take you to the Old Mill in Pigeon Forge and since you will be too full to drive home, they spring for a night in a nice nearby hotel.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
I don't know about really upscale restaurants in Knoxville, but puleo's grill at exit 398 has OUTSTANDING fried green tomatoes !! The appetizer is served with cheese grits, brown gravy, and Tasso flavored milk gravy. Sounds strange but it is delicious!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I don't know about really upscale restaurants in Knoxville, but puleo's grill at exit 398 has OUTSTANDING fried green tomatoes !! The appetizer is served with cheese grits, brown gravy, and Tasso flavored milk gravy. Sounds strange but it is delicious!
:agree: Best fried green tomatoes I've ever eaten!

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Orangery on Kingston Pike in Bearden area is about the most upscale I know of. Pricy, too. Puelo's (any of them) has great food and eclectic "East Tennessee Mediterranean" menu. Their shrimp & grits is my favorite. Still reasonably priced, too. Nearest to you is Merchant's Road just East of I-75.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Burt try the Waffle House just down the hill from your house cheap and good;););)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts