GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a multi-state trip and now in Carlsbad, NM. Went to fill up Wing and find radiator fluid leaking on the left front bottol of the shelter onto the cowl and dripping onto the ground. Is this an overflow or do i have an issue.

Phone 281-685-6004 if you can help

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Rocky you DA MAN

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
He just had his emgine removed for a tranny rebuild.Apparently the mechanic didn't pressure test the cooling system with the plastic off to check for leaks?.

Well a loose hose lamp has surfaced two days into a 9 day trip from the left radiator.

I told him what and how to check.Plus a few other options and then some (I work on wings).

The good part is his 06 still has a warranty.So he's headed to a dealer to have them take a look at it if the hose clamps are facing outward after he pulls the inner panel off to see which clamp is the culprit?.

He's only lost three table spoons of fluid thus far.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rocky and all others - Thank you for your calls and assistance. One of the callers this morning directed me to Champion Motorsports in Roswell, a short 75 miles from Carlsbad. I will ad his name to the post when I find my paperwork because without him I think I would have been lost...

At the dealer, who has service on Saturdays, after explaining my prblen, the service Manager John had his tech, Josh drop what he was doing to take on my problem... What they found was a clamp problem, but not the one we thought we would see. After having the Wing serviced prior to this trip, service that included a new transmission, we find that the clamps were overtightened on the radiator hoses. So tight that they cut the hose causing the fluid to leak... Josh cut the bad part of the hose off, reconnected the hose and off we were!!!.

Great dealership, quality work and great people!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts