GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of upgrading my two GL1800 to Traxxion rear shocks.Traxxin (Dan Anderson) is unable to sell a spring compressor because Progressive is not manufacturing these anymore.
Could anyone have one of these and is willing to sell it ,rent it,lend it?
Thanky you so much.. MY cell phone is 787 378 1805

·
Registered
4,091 Posts

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
This is the correct Progressive shock tool that is needed.

Got to have that Aluminum spacer.

Jose..I just called my friend and he can make you one like mine for $45 plus shipping to you.He can do paypal.
PM me for his info if intereseted.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
spring compressor

Thanks to all for helping.I was able to place an order for one,probably the last in stock ,from Goldwingcountry.com.Part shipping Sept 1..!!want to ride in PR, please visit !!

·
Registered
19,990 Posts
It looks like Progressive is no longer selling the GL1800 shock either. Looks like all the problems they had have caught up with them.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
It looks like Progressive is no longer selling the GL1800 shock either. Looks like all the problems they had have caught up with them.
Larry they discontinued the rear shok about 8-12 months ago.I was told it was due to lack of sales.
They were then rebuilding the ones that were out there.But that too has come to and end as the parts bin emptied.
A friend just got the last 3 rebuild kits they had.

I guess no more shock,why build/sell the removal tool for it's competitors??

·
Registered
337 Posts
I am in the process of upgrading my two GL1800 to Traxxion rear shocks.Traxxin (Dan Anderson) is unable to sell a spring compressor because Progressive is not manufacturing these anymore.
Could anyone have one of these and is willing to sell it ,rent it,lend it?
Thanky you so much.. MY cell phone is 787 378 1805

I just used a Branick wall mount automotive strut spring compressor, worked great to swap out to my new shock...

http://www.branick.com/core/products_strut_tools.php

1 - 11 of 11 Posts