GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already posted on the Ohio board but here it is for those that want to know. I was riding back to bellefontaine Ohio from north Carolina I was traveling east bound on us (I think it was us)-35. As I was traveling 35 just before the bridge to gallapolis Ohio in the right most lane on the right most side of that lane I was starting to take the right hand turn to the bridge I hit a pothole. It was avoidable and totally my fault I was running just short of 90 mph. I couldn't miss it.

It was about 2.5 feet across and egg shape and about 8-10 inched deep. Almost crashed, but cought it before the bridge. L side fork basically exploded oil everywhere, and stranded me. Fortionatly i had a trailer 3 hours away. So aside from the hotel bill and the repair I'm good. But be careful if your taking 35 eastbound into ohio from west Virginia there are many holes that have been fixed and some others that haven't been fixed yet in that spot

Shag

·
IronMan
17,469 Posts
Call local police / county n report. They dont know till someone tells them. Glad your allright

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I met some wonderful folks while I was there. The folks that own the BP service station on route 7 next to the golden corral were great. She made sure I was alright. She was so worried about my bike sitting outside the station overnight that she let me put it in their shop for the night. She even gave me a couple of bottles of water and paid her neighbor to take me to the hotel.

Great people and great business owners, if you ever get the chance to run into Judy Whittingtins you'll find that she is a real gem. I appreciate what they did for me and I could not thank her enough.

Yancy

The next day she told me that she called and reported the road in issue for me. I wasn't really thinking at the time, I should have gotten a police accident report for the insurance. But again I was worried about a thousand things at the time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts