GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have complete list about differences between US and Europe models of 1800. I know some, but it would be nice to have complete list.

-Rauno

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I think the handlebars are on the wrong side on the european models. :luf1:

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
i have seen a number of european riders quote unreal prices for goldwings in their native lands.

is it not possible to buy a us bike for like $ 15-16000 american money, and then ship it to europe, for like another $ 2000.

and thus have far less than $ 20 000 invested in a bike.

doesnt that beat the upwards of $ 30 000 or more us for one at home.

i am just wondering

loren

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
loren said:
i have seen a number of european riders quote unreal prices for goldwings in their native lands.

is it not possible to buy a us bike for like $ 15-16000 american money, and then ship it to europe, for like another $ 2000.

and thus have far less than $ 20 000 invested in a bike.

doesnt that beat the upwards of $ 30 000 or more us for one at home.

i am just wondering

loren
It isn't so simple, for example to Finland:

The price of the bike in US for example 16 000 $. Ship to Europe, let say 2000 $. The customs 6 % + tax for whole 22 % => ~23 000 $. Then bike tax + vat that. => more than 30 000 $. Silly system....

Finland, the promised land of taxes..... :shock:

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
ok

i thought wisconsin was the home of high taxes

seems that we have some competition from finland

22% wow

loren

·
Registered
762 Posts
Actually, Canadian prices seem to be the exception to the rule (depending on the exchange rate). I paid C$25,000 (normal discount) for my abs-equipped '03 candy orange last March when the exchange rate was about 1.6. That equates to about US$15,625 which seemed to me at the time to be a very good price. Of course, we do have to pay a 15% sales tax here in Ontario (most provinces are more, a few are less) which does bump up the price a bit too. :(

My biggest complaint is the cost of insurance...based on what I've seen on this forum we typically pay 2 or 3 times what you pay in the US - and we have subsidized medicare too! I just don't understand it, but that's a topic for another thread.

Arthur

·
Registered
15 Posts
In Italy the price is Euro 26.000 include 20pct V.A.T.
Anyway not so many GL1800 available, in the 2003 imported officialy by Honda Italia about 100 bikes.
So the price doesn't matter , if you want a GW you pay like that otherwise there is somebody else waiting for it.
Think that even not all the dealers have one a year to sell.

Ciao

Nicola

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Here is what I know as some of the differences:

Lack of CB controls, lack of bulbs and wiring in saddlebag lights and use of RDS.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Euro Gold Wing

Hi
The audiosysten have the biggest diffrens, in europe we have a RDS radio systen and we can not use the factory CB radio, then we have a diffrent head light and a bit diffrent eletrical system and last but not least we bay a lut of money for them in some countrys.
The price in Norway is 319000 Norwegian Kr
The price in Denmark is around 500000 Dannich Kr.
And if we are going for som acc to put on we pay 3 to 4 times your price.

I bought mine in the US and saved a lot on the deal.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The EU models has:

A Imobilizer (Honda Ignition Securety System) HISS 8)

There is small 5W bulbs in the headlights. (Parking-light) I think it is there to stay visible if a headlight bulb blows.

Km/h readings in the Speedometer.

ABS is standard. 8)

The EU models has not:

Lights in the turning signals. Not aloud to show amberlight forward. (Easy to change)

Connectors prepaird for OEM driving/fogg lights. :(

All colors availible: Missing for 04: Mangenta, Candy Black Cherry, White, Red. :(
(not shore about Titanium. The spec´s say´s "Silver". Don´t know if that means Streamsilver or Titanium. It´s hard to tell from the pictures. Beside "Silver" there is Black or Candy Red.

Other differenses are mentioned before.

Janne.

·
Registered
38 Posts
If the Goldwing cost so much in Europe, what about the cost of European touring bikes (e.g. K1200LT) in Europe?

·
Registered
70 Posts
BMW K 1200 LT

I think it is around 250000 NOK or 36800usd here in Norway

Goldwing is 47000 USD

Gas is up to 1.4 usd a liter

·
Registered
15 Posts
In Italy the price of the K1200LT model year 2004 is of Euro 20500 as told before GW1800 is Euro 26000 and in italy the 2004 model is available only in Tatanium grey color (all 20Pct VAT incl).

Nicola

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: BMW K 1200 LT

Superfly said:
I think it is around 250000 NOK or 36800usd here in Norway

Goldwing is 47000 USD

Gas is up to 1.4 usd a liter
Finland:

BMW K 1200 LT 30 600 eur, about 38 000 USD
Goldwing '04 34 900 eur, which is about 42 500 USD.

Gas is about 1,3 USD per liter.

-Rauno

1 - 15 of 15 Posts