GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I a have a 2015 Goldwing Airbag model and have a question about the radio system. I really like using the USB audio feature. Since most of the music that I like was recorded before 1980 its great that I can fit it all onto a single USB drive. The only problem is, that the player only seems to play the songs in alphabetic order. Does anyone know how to get the system to play the songs in random order? I have never seen a media player that doesn't support this.

Please advise.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Have the same problem with my iPod nanoand the 2018 wing

·
Premium Member
1,123 Posts
Hello all, I a have a 2015 Goldwing Airbag model and have a question about the radio system. I really like using the USB audio feature. Since most of the music that I like was recorded before 1980 its great that I can fit it all onto a single USB drive. The only problem is, that the player only seems to play the songs in alphabetic order. Does anyone know how to get the system to play the songs in random order? I have never seen a media player that doesn't support this.

Please advise.
I don't have my manual in from of me but its in there.

I have a 2015 Audio Comfort and if I remember correctly, on my bike, there is a button on the left hand side, maybe two or three buttons down, one closest to the inside, and you press and hold it to change modes.

In this picture it is the second button from the top on the left labeled A. SEL RPT/RDM

I don' know what the controls are like on the Airbag model.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Buttons are the same on an airbag model. Yea, find that A.SEL button and go through the options by pressing the button - the options will change on the screen. You will see RPT, RDM, F.RDM,....

F.RDM will be random songs within that particular folder. RDM will be random songs from ALL FOLDERS.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again. This worked like a charm. Went for a long ride today and had a great time with the MP3 player. I cant believe I have had the bike all this time and couldn't figure this out on my own. I guess that shows the value of forums and good people exchanging ideas.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I figure it would be easier to revive this thread rather than starting a new one. I'm new to the wing community and just picked up a 12' with XM and NAV. no owners manual came with the bike so just fumbling through to figure things out. I have two questions if anyone can chime in. #1 we rode today and listen to music from my iphone buy plugging it into the USB in the trunk. Instead of doing this can I download music to a simple thumb drive and leave in the trunk or is an actual ipod/MP3 player needed?
#2 I'm a Sirus XM subscriber for my pickup truck. Can I log into with that subscription on the bike? I've been told when I subscribed this year that I can stream on "other devices"`. Thank you.

·
Registered
50 Posts
nwryder,

Here are a couple of quick answers to your questions.

#1. Yes. This is exactly what I did and it works fine. I have a 32GB thumbdrive plugged in at all times, with about 4000 songs on it.

#2. No. Each XM Receiver has a unique serial number and your subscription is associated with that Serial Number. You will have to call SiriusXM and activate the S/N for the bike. The S/N can be found on XM Channel 0, if needed. I'm not sure what they meant by "stream to other devices", so may be worth asking. On a related note, I found that getting the Traffic and Weather options for the Nav was a struggle, as the SiriusXM personnel was not aware that the G/W had that capability. However, the Weather option is well worth the effort to get it.

Allan

·
Registered
483 Posts
"Streaming to Other Devices" is to your computer, phone, tablet, etc. You do this by using the app or logging in to your account on the computer.

Allen is correct on getting the XM to work on your bike. I have two subscriptions, one for my removable radio head, and one for the bike. Agree, I like having the weather on long trips on the bike. The only down side is costs a few more $$.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I figure it would be easier to revive this thread rather than starting a new one. I'm new to the wing community and just picked up a 12' with XM and NAV. no owners manual came with the bike so just fumbling through to figure things out. I have two questions if anyone can chime in. #1 we rode today and listen to music from my iphone buy plugging it into the USB in the trunk. Instead of doing this can I download music to a simple thumb drive and leave in the trunk or is an actual ipod/MP3 player needed?
#2 I'm a Sirus XM subscriber for my pickup truck. Can I log into with that subscription on the bike? I've been told when I subscribed this year that I can stream on "other devices"`. Thank you.
I also just picked up a 12, it doesn't have NAV, does that mean it also doesn't have XM. If it does have it is there an XM button or how do you find out. Mike, Victorville, CA.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You should have an XM button on the left side control panel by your knee.
On my '12, it is the third row down, second from inside edge.
It says (((XM))) on it.

20200727_093020.jpg

·
Registered
7,385 Posts
Have the same problem with my iPod nanoand the 2018 wing
For the 2018, see the options are different for ipod vs usb, but the info you seek is on page 96 - 98.

Basically, when the ipod is playing, PRESS AND HOLD' either ENT button to toggle thru the modes.
Icon on top line of dash displays which mode is active.

·
Registered
3 Posts
"Streaming to Other Devices" is to your computer, phone, tablet, etc. You do this by using the app or logging in to your account on the computer.

Allen is correct on getting the XM to work on your bike. I have two subscriptions, one for my removable radio head, and one for the bike. Agree, I like having the weather on long trips on the bike. The only down side is costs a few more $$.
sooo I could stream it on the iphone into the headset maybe?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts