GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently purchased my 2018 DCT. It was slightly used with 1800 miles. This bike is AWESOME! I always said I would give up riding when I had to give up 2 wheels, but I just had to give this a try. I must say I am really pleased with the trike so far. It may not corner quite as well, but it’s not to shabby either.

I’m still in a big learning curve at this point. I have checked the Nav software version and found out that it has already been updated to the latest software version, so I didn’t have any need to update it.

I have successfully imported routes from the Honda Trip Planner and also loaded music using a Flash Drive formatted to FAT32. From what I have read if I need to update the Nav software in the future the USB must be formatted to NTFS. My question is can I use the NTFS formatted drive for my route transfer and music or do I need to use two separate flash drives?

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
I just recently purchased my 2018 DCT. It was slightly used with 1800 miles. This bike is AWESOME! I always said I would give up riding when I had to give up 2 wheels, but I just had to give this a try. I must say I am really pleased with the trike so far. It may not corner quite as well, but it’s not to shabby either.

I’m still in a big learning curve at this point. I have checked the Nav software version and found out that it has already been updated to the latest software version, so I didn’t have any need to update it.

I have successfully imported routes from the Honda Trip Planner and also loaded music using a Flash Drive formatted to FAT32. From what I have read if I need to update the Nav software in the future the USB must be formatted to NTFS. My question is can I use the NTFS formatted drive for my route transfer and music or do I need to use two separate flash drives?
Nice looking ride Dagwood! Sorry I can’t answer you question. ?

·
Registered
467 Posts
According to the users manual, for audio playback, FAT32 is recommended and FAT16 ad HFS+ are also allowed. It doesnt say anything about NTFS. I couldnt find anything in the NAVI manual about the USB format for routes.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
According to the users manual, for audio playback, FAT32 is recommended and FAT16 ad HFS+ are also allowed. It doesnt say anything about NTFS. I couldnt find anything in the NAVI manual about the USB format for routes.
Yes, I have read that too. But if you update the Nav software you must have a flash drive formatted to NTFS. Just wondering if I could use that for music and routes also.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Several have tried it, and found that music stored on a usb formatted to NTFS will work.

If you do this, either rename the update file so it doesn't keep asking if you want to reload it OR delete it.

4GB of mp3's will be somewhere around 40 or 50 hours of music, so there will likely be lots of space available on the 16GB usb required for the update (which is just large enough that it won't fit on an 8GB usb)

OTOH, usb's have gotten very cheap compared to prices a few years ago.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Several have tried it, and found that music stored on a usb formatted to NTFS will work.

If you do this, either rename the update file so it doesn't keep asking if you want to reload it OR delete it.

4GB of mp3's will be somewhere around 40 or 50 hours of music, so there will likely be lots of space available on the 16GB usb required for the update (which is just large enough that it won't fit on an 8GB usb)

OTOH, usb's have gotten very cheap compared to prices a few years ago.
Thanks, Didn’t think about the bike asking to reload the software. I will definitely keep software update files on my computer instead.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I’m with farmguy on this one. I use two USBs. They are cheap, and I have done the download on my pc and then loaned the USB to a couple of friends who then don’t need to waste time waiting on the download. They bought me a glass of water in appreciation the last time I helped them out.

Reactions: Farmguy
1 - 8 of 8 Posts