GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...on the Tech Board. For some reason each time I do a search and look at a thread, when I return to look at another thread that is included in the search results I can't get back to it. Something about being expired or something...

So I have to re-enter the search arguments again to perform another search to look at another thread that may possibly have the info I need. This is very frustrating if you have to go through multiple threads to find your info and have to start a new search each time.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there something I can do about it? Or is this just a limitation of the search engine?

·
Registered
9,127 Posts
No, it's working correctly. It's just a limitation of the database.

Two suggestions...when you click on a link, hold down the <SHIFT> key when you click the link. That will open the link in a new window,

-OR-

right click on the link and from the pop-up menu, select "Open in a New Window."

Bartman

·
Registered
762 Posts
You can also click on Refresh and the search will be redone.

It is annoying. But gl1800.org, which is also running phpBB doesn't have the same "problem" so I'd guess that it has something to do with the way the board is set up.

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
Sounds like you are saying Lamont has had a stupid attack on this issue......I'm telling. :shock:

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Crossrodes said:
...on the Tech Board. For some reason each time I do a search and look at a thread, when I return to look at another thread that is included in the search results I can't get back to it. Something about being expired or something...
At that point you hit the refresh button of your browser, and then click in the box to Retry.

That's the way Internet browsers work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts