GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone else get some extra things including an aersol can of what I assume is wax when buying a new wing? I got a kit which is best described as an emergency kit and is in a nylon handlebar bag obviously made for another bike but it has some good stuff in it and was free.

The dealer said to only use this wax on the wing (needing to sell the stuff I guess). It was in a can with a label which had been made by them with their store info on it. The can is in my unheated storage building and has been frozen since I got it leading me to belive it is mostly water. The other spray-on waxes I have do not freeze. Anybody else get this stuff with their bike?

Also to avoid starting a new thread can somebody explain the "Anti-dive" function to me?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
IMO, unless you are a perfectionist, the Honda polishes are plenty good. Not wax.

If you are a perfectionist, go for the Honda Glare at $25 per bottle.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok. Thanks. But if it freezes in the can and run-of-the-mill Eagle 1 does not that tells me the Honda stuff might be more water than wax.

Now, anyone care to give a brief description of the anti-dive function?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Anti-dive

Now, anyone care to give a brief description of the anti-dive function?[/quote]

There is a line running from the front brake to front shock. When you apply the brake, you also increase the hydraulic pressure in the shock, making it stiffer, keeping the weight of the bike from making the nose dive while braking hard.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Bart, when did you start going for older women ???????:shrug:

Charlie

·
Registered
911 Posts
Also to avoid starting a new thread can somebody explain the "Anti-dive" function to me?[/quote]

Antidive system minimizes front fork dive when braking. The system utilizes brake-fluid pressure generated in the secondary LBS master cylinder mounted on the left fork leg and is activated by input from either the front brake lever or the rear brake pedal. This application of antidive and LBS produces enhanced stability when maneuvering at both low speeds and highway speeds.

·
Trained Killer Member
1,534 Posts
Are Y'all KIDDING ME???

Verily I say unto any and all reading this particular thread (and certainly not meant as a hijack to the original post) -

I have never, NEVER, E-V-E-R, seen a MacDaddy the caliber of our beloved Bartster! :bow::bow::bow: Oh sure, some guys, just by virtue of their so-called personalities, can snag one or two hotties from time to time. Others may have that fancy sports car/bike/boat that'll sway a nice-looking young lady or two out for a ride. And still others may have that fat bankroll which can easily coerce a young, impressionable lady into giving them her time and/or affection. :roll::roll::roll:

But when I say I was completely DUMBFOUNDED by the BEVY of BEAUTIES in Bartster's "harem" last weekend, I do not lie here Gentlemen! It was downright illegal the number and quality of gorgeous young gals flocking to "'Ol Studdmuffin." I've never seen anything like it in all my years. :shrug::shrug::shrug:

I propose I become Bartman's PR guy (I know, but sacrifices HAVE to be made here) and shoot out a monthly debauchery report to those interested. That way at least, we can all live vicariously through Bartster! You Da Man Dude!!! :congrats:

Now, y'all all get back to work and stop drooling over one of Bartster's 2nd string wax mistresses! :wrong: This all started over some wax, right? :a13:

·
Registered
784 Posts
let's see, it was Wax On and then, Bartman what was coming off in the second part?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hossman,
Stand in line Dude. Bartman might let you wash his Bike:wrong: I Have one of those Green Flexible hoses that
laying on the ground at home also. Works great!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts