GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying a SPIII or a 2610. I'm would also consider buying a good used SPIII. Can anyone tell me where I might start looking for used units if I choose to go this way??
Thanks in advance,
Eddie Flinchum--Winchester, Ky.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
For me buying a used SPIII was the way to go. They are going for right around $500. I got mine from a FS posting on the LD Riders list. There have been a few sold on the classifieds here. There are lots of them on ebay also.

Keep your eyes out, a deal will pop up.

Wasn't worth the extra $250 for me to get a 2610. The SPIII will do what I need it to do, and is an improvement over my GPS V.

Good luck!

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
as more folks are upgradeing to the 2610, they are avaible on ebay at very nice prices

i recently did a lot of looking before getting an ique 3600 garmin handheld

i am a big user of the ebay cult

look and ye shall find

loren

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
As I knew nothing of any of them, I spent the extra $250 and bought the 2610 because I wanted the warranty and support, etc. It's a very nice unit and very readable in all light conditions (at least on the dash of my Tahoe going through the snow). I'll have to wait a while to see how it is on the Wing. :(

N

·
0 Posts
Used SPIII

Eddy,
I've got an SPIII that's in great shape, with the latest, unopened software, that I will sell you. I purchased a Cellset and wanting the vocal component of the upgrade.
Email me if interested,
Neal

·
Registered
824 Posts
Neal,
How did you do that picture? I knew something was screwy, but it took me a good 30 seconds to figure it out!! Photo Editor? :D

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Orange Bandit 4 said:
Neal,
How did you do that picture? I knew something was screwy, but it took me a good 30 seconds to figure it out!! Photo Editor? :D
Looks like he has his seat pan resting on a stool? :s27:

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have the III and its great. The one item I wish it would do is let you plan the route and keep it in memory, Sometime their routes suck. Its hold 128 megs of info. like 2 states at a time.

I guess you can buy more chips or cut down on the detail some and get more states in it. I believe its important to get the full unlock lic.

I assume if you really needed to you could go to a kinkos and download more stuff. The data port plugs into a usb port.

I like the remote idea on the newer model. The co-rider could be screwing with the machine from the back seat.

by the way , I use a ram mount and its very solid. I have a suction cup mount for the car so from bike to car is a snap. I ordered the power outlet plug for the left gloce box power. I may run its own popwer from the fusebox so I don't have to eighter cript the wire or have it flappen.

On my last bike I ran a lighter plug from the battery direct to the handlebars. I alo had a 10 guage tail made with alligator clips that would connect to the cigar plug connector.. I used it once when I had a dead battery cause I left the key on and the headlight killed the battery. Let it sit for five minutes and she started right up.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
deepfeet said:
Its hold 128 megs of info. like 2 states at a time.

I guess you can buy more chips or cut down on the detail some and get more states in it. I believe its important to get the full unlock lic.
DF,
Unless you plan on getting way off the beaten path, the base maps are more than enough to get you through an area.

I only d/l the stop points I am going to visit, and just go off the base maps for everythign in between.

I haven't played with my new (used) SPIII. I have about 36k miles on my GPS V, which only has 19 megs of memory.

Can't wait to ride behind the SPIII though!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Bulldog said:
UB Mike,

I might even let you take my 2610 for a spin, if you behave yourself...LOL

Dawg
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! :a13:
Then I'll have to be cool like you & get one.

Ignorance is bliss!! :shock:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts