GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Does anyone use a car tire for their rear tire? If you do now, or have used one, whats the pro's and cons of it? How does it handle in the corners?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I will recommend you sign into the sub boards forums past that there is a forum called Darkside Riders, log in there and you will get any and all questions answered :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Hi

Does anyone use a car tire for their rear tire? If you do now, or have used one, whats the pro's and cons of it? How does it handle in the corners?

Thanks
I use one and have now for several thousand miles. It is just better in all ways than previous motorcycle tires. I'll not be coming back from the "Dark Side." Not only do I like it better, but the wife does also the ability to have the run flat at 32 pounds of pressure make for a more comfortable and smoother rider for her.
Try it you'll like it.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I do, and have for the last 80,000 miles. That said, it is an individual preference. If you are interested, see if you can borrow one already mounted on a GW rim and give it a whirl. It does take a while to get used to, but there is nothing you can't do on a car tire that you can do on a MC tire. You can accelerate faster and you can also stop faster. You can't go faster. It will tend to stand you up and that is the hardest thing to get used to. Don't stop where the surface is uneven under the rear tire because it will then tend to tip you over. Give it a fair trial and make your own mind up as it is not for everyone.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Are you kidding ? You'll crash and die a firey death.... :22yikes: :doorag:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Who ever heard of such a thing?:shrug::shrug::shrug:

By the way, they work great! You gust have to decide which one you want to go with!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
19,219 Posts
Why would you do something so dangerous? Besides the handling is compromised.:22yikes: Most serious riders care about the handling.

·
Banned
334 Posts
Hi

Thanks
Yes and absolutely love it. For those who will tell you the "evils" of it, ask them one simple question, have they ever tried it or are they just talking B.S?

·
Registered
999 Posts
Car tires don't fit on a Goldwing. Goldwings are like mobile homes. They have odd diameter tires and get sucked up into tornados.:shock:

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
wonder why NO motorcycle company installs those square tires on their bikes?
Can't believe those motorcycle or tire engineers know less than some bike owners....

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Yes and absolutely love it. For those who will tell you the "evils" of it, ask them one simple question, have they ever tried it or are they just talking B.S?
I think we all ready know the answer!:eek:4:

·
Banned
334 Posts
Can't believe those motorcycle or tire engineers know less than some bike owners....
Wonder why the experts thought the earth was flat, or the experts who said a certain boat was unsinkable just before it sank on it's first voyage. Oh you get the idea.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Most of those naysayers have never tried a CT. If they did try one on, they would probably like it. I'm not a crazy wild man in twisties but I ride pretty "spirited". No problems with a CT.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Why would you do something so dangerous? Besides the handling is compromised.:22yikes: Most serious riders care about the handling.
Looks just like my last two DUNFLOPS:eek:4:

·
Registered
361 Posts
That's right because those engineers do everything perfectly! Wonder why we have a multi billion dollar aftermarket industry, what a waste!

·
Registered
4,729 Posts
Why doesn't MotoGP use them when racing in the rain ? :shrug:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Funny how the topic of hemorrhoids stays on the main board but a CT thread gets banished.
In all fairness to the main board, that's why we have a Darksider sub forum!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts