GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a search, can't find anything about this. Has anyone done this? I don't use the CB, never plan on getting one. Was thinking the CB talk switch would be very convienent to use as a way to flash the hi-beams. It's just soooo much work to move my thumb all the way over to do it the normal way. ;) Main thing is I would be able to flash much faster than using the rocker switch.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I know that this is not what your post is about but it does apply.

I heard/read that the goldwings in Europe have the hi/low beam rocker switch that is spring loaded at the low beam side for "flashing" of high beams. I do not know if this is true or not but if it is can this type of switch be purchased and installed on the USA models?

·
Registered
3,323 Posts

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know about using the starter button, I don't like the noise it makes when you do it. I have heard of no I'll affects, just with that sound it seems to me that in the long term it has to do something. I live and ride in the DC area, my high beams get lots of use during the day.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,207 Posts
If it is in gear with the clutch out, there should be no noise. The interlock system won't let the starter spin while moving in gear.

·
Registered
300 Posts
If you hit the starter button while motor is running, it dims the headlights. (Clutch out and in gear)
Does this mean if the brights are on they go to low beam, or if they are on low beam they dimmer yet?

I would love to have a push to flash high beams, my Airhead has one use it all the time.

I wonder if the european GLs have on as well, very big over there.
Most cars have them now.

Biggest problem most American Cagers don't know what it means.

·
Registered
674 Posts
If it is in gear with the clutch out, there should be no noise. The interlock system won't let the starter spin while moving in gear.
Interesting as I think I can hear my starter spin when I press the starter button while going down the road. I'll have to pay closer attention.

BTW I have a 2010 VIIA model (Air Bag)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts