Registered
16,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Neat, short 'n sweet video:

prs

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I'd almost be willing to bet that if he had a CT ......, and used Amsoil ....., and only the best _____, he would be okay!

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
No Racing in the Streets

I love that video, Pigeon Roost. Ouch!

Most bikers I know don't actually "race" on the road, they just ride fast and sometimes play a sort of "chicken" with their friends. My own feeling is that I don't want to ride around any corner faster than I can see. I've just seen too many turtles, dead skunks, huge rocks, tree limbs and yard service trailers lurking around the curves.

So, what to do with that need for speed?

• Track Days (even on a Gold Wing)
  • Motorcycle Road Racing Schools
  • Endurance Road Racing
  • Land Speed Records (not just for the Salt Flats anymore)
  • Drag Racing/Bracket Racing (Bikes or Cars)
  • Driving School
  • Kart Racing/Kart Leagues
  • Race Car Ride Alongs
  • Sometimes, Motorcycle Ride Alongs :eek:4:

Another good way enjoy the sense of speed without getting crazy is to ride The Pace. Most of your already know this, but for newbies, "The Pace" is a way of riding that emphasis fast, precision turning in the corners instead of outright speed on the straights. Invented by Nick Ienatsch and his friends, this is a very pleasant way to spend a Sunday afternoon--but you MUST be able to turn your bike quickly and precisely. Use your pegs as feeler gauges--like racers use their knees--and don't push it any more than that. Don't get crazy when you can't see, and don't use all that flat-six torque to "race" up to triple digits after every corner exit.

Warning! Sometimes all this fun just feeds the demon! :money1:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
A very effective video, IMHO!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I love that video, Pigeon Roost. Ouch! Yeah!!!

Most bikers I know don't actually "race" on the road, they just ride fast and sometimes play a sort of "chicken" with their friends.
I agree...

My own feeling is that I don't want to ride around any corner faster than I can see. I've just seen too many turtles, dead skunks, huge rocks, tree limbs and yard service trailers lurking around the curves.

So, what to do with that need for speed?

• Track Days (even on a Gold Wing)
  • Motorcycle Road Racing Schools
  • Endurance Road Racing
  • Land Speed Records (not just for the Salt Flats anymore)
  • Drag Racing/Bracket Racing (Bikes or Cars)
  • Driving School
  • Kart Racing/Kart Leagues
  • Race Car Ride Alongs
  • Sometimes, Motorcycle Ride Alongs :eek:4:

Another good way enjoy the sense of speed without getting crazy is to ride The Pace. Most of your already know this, but for newbies, "The Pace" is a way of riding that emphasis fast, precision turning in the corners instead of outright speed on the straights. Invented by Nick Ienatsch and his friends, this is a very pleasant way to spend a Sunday afternoon--but you MUST be able to turn your bike quickly and precisely. Use your pegs as feeler gauges--like racers use their knees--and don't push it any more than that. Don't get crazy when you can't see, and don't use all that flat-six torque to "race" up to triple digits after every corner exit.

Warning! Sometimes all this fun just feeds the demon! :money1:
I hear a lot of talk about people doing this but I haven’t seen any of the information as to where I can put her on the track and let the horses run a bit...

I’m not interested in playing following the leader at 70 MPH or even at 120 MPH, I want a track that will teach me and let us play with what we’ve learned from them???

If you can find the information please post it here on the forum...

They don't call me crazy for nothing!!!

Might die doing it but I'll go doing something I love doing... (The Track)

·
Registered
674 Posts
Great video~!!!!!!

When I want to race I use my PlayStation 3 and Grand Turismo 5....

It is difficult to get injured, except when I use it too long and MrsSquid thinks I should be mowing the yard........

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Another good way enjoy the sense of speed without getting crazy is to ride The Pace. [...] Invented by Nick Ienatsch and his friends,
LOL... this was around loooong before "Nick and his friends". Or is this one of those Al Gore Invented The Internet things?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts