GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a great time on out recent trip and although my wife shot over 2500 photos I tried to narrow it down a little to some really nice shots that are not the typical ones you see.

Most of the ones below are from the ride on Utah Hwy 12 from Zion to Moab and a few from Monument Valley

Off we go into the chilly morning. That is the last time we would have any cold weather gear on !

Zion

Hi way 12

Bryce Canyon

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A few more

I thought these were interesting rock formations. They reminded me of submarines breaching the surface of the water. (the mind starts to play tricks on you after hours in the saddle !)

Arches NP

·
Registered
10 Posts
Beautiful Ride

Just got back from the same ride. I have done it a number of times and that area is stunning to see. I also did Independence Pass and Colorado, beautiful also.

Glad you had a great time.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
and the last

Canyonlands NP

Monument Valley

The View from our hotel room !!

What a trip ! There is so much to see and so little time to see it.

Thanks Dr. Jim for inspiring me to put this trip together after seeing your video of Canyonlands NP !

Now the planning for Yellowstone begins.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Very nice, thank you for sharing with us.
Motorcycle trips are great. :thumbup:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Awesome pics, We got to go there. :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
We just returned from our ride...Fl. to the Grand canyon. We went north to Utah and Colorado and east on highway 190(?) all the way to Joplin, Mo. Seen all the sites you did plus a few more. Mesa Verde and the Great Sand Dunes were must see places. 5270 miles in 13 days. We were blessed with such a beautiful Country.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Great pics have seen some in person:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you had asked me a few years ago when I was eyeball deep in the aerospace business if I would have ever done this trip - much less with my wife along - I would have said no way.

But I have learned that if you don't do it when you have the opportunity - i.e. laid off/forced early retirement - then you will never do it and miss out on seeing some great parts of this country.

Doing it on the trike is the ultimate. We had been through Zion before in our truck but being able to see all around you and smell all the smells of the area is something you never forget.

I am really happy my wife is such a trooper to do this with me. It would not be the same alone. Thanks Stacy !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts