GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to install my Utopia backrest this weekend. I noted on another message that Steve Saunders had instructions about installation, in particular reference to the angle of the cut. How do I find that information, or access his site? Thanks. :?:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found what I was looking for.

Thanks, i found what I was looking for. I had the instructions already, but was concerned about the angle of the foam cut. Found details from back in June per T Bear. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
?????

It appears (or doesn't appear) that step 6 is missing. :shock: Am I hallucinating or something? Please help. :? :? :?

Thanks,

Todd

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
wvnnva said:
?????

It appears (or doesn't appear) that step 6 is missing. :shock: Am I hallucinating or something? Please help. :? :? :?

Thanks,

Todd
OK Todd. Just share with us :lol: Step six is there, I just looked. Not trying to be a smart arse, but it's right after 5 and to the left side of seven. Just one pic with short explanation of inserting bar through the seat. :D :D :D

·
Registered
484 Posts
Makes more sense after a six pack. :D :D
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Imagin that!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
sdlyon5 said:
wvnnva said:
?????

Thanks,

Todd
OK Todd. Just share with us :lol: Step six is there, I just looked. Not trying to be a smart arse, but it's right after 5 and to the left side of seven. Just one pic with short explanation of inserting bar through the seat. :D :D :D
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Oh SHIIIII$$ :!: NOW I see it. :roll: Thanks for pointing out the location for me. Maybe it would have been better if I had been drinking beer. At least I would have had an excuse :?: Hmmmmmm, I wonder if this is what kids today call a brain fart :?: :shock: :? :lol: :lol:

I APOLOGIZE!

Todd

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
No need to apologize!!!! That's what this wonderful board is here for.I'm just glad I could help out. I've asked many questions myself and someone always steps up to the plate with an answer. There's a wealth of information here and I've learned alot from others. It's nice when I can contribute some helpful info for others. Good luck with your install. I just bought a Utopia from another board member so I will be watching these posts so I can install mine trouble free also. Enjoy and ride safe. :biker:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Proper primer to do install is Scotch and water

The bravery required for me to attack a perfectly good vinyl seat comes from a couple of scotch and waters. Beer is OK, but a little Braveheart juice is better. :D The surgery is Saturday.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
wvnnva said:
sdlyon5 said:
wvnnva said:
?????

Thanks,

Todd
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Oh SHIIIII$$ :!: NOW I see it. :roll: Thanks for pointing out the location for me. Maybe it would have been better if I had been drinking beer. At least I would have had an excuse :?: Hmmmmmm, I wonder if this is what kids today call a brain fart :?: :shock: :? :lol: :lol:

I APOLOGIZE!

Todd
NAH! It's more like a "senior moment" than a brain fart. Gosh, I hope you're senior enough to qualify. Otherwise, it will have to be logged as "just another "Oh SHIIIII$$" just as you described it above.
There are two good things that will come of this however.
One- we all get a good feeling knowing there are others out there having these mental challengers besides ourselves.
Two- We get to take shots at you to soothe our bruised egos from when we took the shots. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DC

·
Registered
142 Posts
Brain Fart?

New medical term is now "Passing a brain stone."

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
While I can appreciate many of you wanting to, and doing, your own installs and maintenance, shoving a serrated knife through my (bike) seat was just to much for me to handle.
I paid the shop where I bought my Utopia to do it and felt MUCH better throughout the entire process!!
A few bucks spent on labor is cheap insurance.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Good Luck to You!

I am about to install my Utopia backrest this weekend. I noted on another message that Steve Saunders had instructions about installation, in particular reference to the angle of the cut. How do I find that information, or access his site? Thanks. :?:
I just installed mine on my new wing(10 days) and now my heated seats are not working. I could cry. Be careful.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I just installed mine on my new wing(10 days) and now my heated seats are not working. I could cry. Be careful.
This may be an oversight but did you ensure to plug the heated seats back in at the rear of the passenger seat. Probably obvious if you did or not, not trying to offend you but I've seen it happen. :oops:

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I doubt if you damaged the seat unless you didn't read the instructions or had more than one beer :joke:. Unless you really went wild you probably just don't have the plug under the seat fully engaged.
I got such a rush stabbing the 3 day old seat :oops: :roll::22yikes:.
Re-check the plug connection :nojoke:.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts