GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could one of you tech smart guys be able to post a picture of the Utopia Backrest in the folded forward position so that I could see what it looks like when it is folded down.
Many Thanks,
Jack Milkovitz

·
Registered
170 Posts
JACK: I'm not one of the "smart tech guys".......I get p.o'd because this computer won't obey my verbal commands. But I've had the Utopia backrest on my '02 1800 for about 4 years. It will fold down nearly flat over the driver's seat. It has a "clean" look and is very comfortable. I occasionally have to tighten the bolt that it pivots on, but it looks and functions as good today as the day my buddy installed it. If I could only keep one accessory, that Utopia backrest would be the one.
I probably could have installed it myself, but a buddy in my GWRRA chapter had installed probably over a dozen for others so I let him do it.
Ride Safe, Stobby

·
Registered
52 Posts
Utopia Backrest

Well Lets see if I got this right. I have a 2006 Navi With the heated seat.

Backrest & Pouch Folded Foward

backrest & Pouch Folded foward

Backrest folded foward Pouch Back In place

Hope this helps (I like the Utopia backrest so does the Bride).....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yea, that's what it looks like! I have installed four, the last one being mine. It is the best backrest on the market, in my opinion, and the instructions are extreamly good. Well worth the cabbage to get one to your Wing.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Utopia

Maybe you need a closer look

Let me know if you need any thing else (Good Luck)

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
8,017 Posts
jmilkovitz said:
Thanks guys, that is just what I needed to see. I will be ordering one.
Thanks
Jack Milkovitz
Jack

Before you order the Utopia, check out the Wing Master that Chrome World sells. I have a Utopia on my bike and it's very comfortable, but after I installed a Wing Master on a friends Wing, I like that model even better. The Wing Master is every bit as nice looking and as well made as is the Utopia and installs the exact same way, but the Wing Master attaches the bag on the back of the backrest much better than does Utopia. The Wing Master has a built in velcro strap that keeps the bag in place where as the Utopia doesn't and the bag will will fly around and hit you in the lower back while riding solo. You can fix that problem with the Utopia yourself with a few dollars and a trip to Lowes, but with the Wing Master you don't have too...and the Wing Master cost less too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts