GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sort of remember a quick release pin for the backrest instead of removing the nut and bolt ,anyone know where to buy one?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Home Depot - 1/4" x 3" cotterless hitch pin. Somewhere around $3.00.

·
Banned
7,604 Posts
Apparently replaced by the Quick Out option.
Which I highly suggest over the pin.
I use the back rest very few times. It's removed most of the time.
Because of this the adhesive backed slotted cover that attachés to the seat to outline the cutout has constant pressure on it across the center from the mounting bar. I have now replaced this cover twice and as recently as this spring and it has already curled up and will not adhere to the seat.
I have the quick out on order which appears to a cover for the hole in the seat that opens to insert the backrest.
Very disappointed w/the "dimple" the original mounting bar puts in the seat and what happens to the cut cover without the backrest attached.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys I knew there was something out there.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Apparently replaced by the Quick Out option.
Which I highly suggest over the pin.
I use the back rest very few times. It's removed most of the time.
Because of this the adhesive backed slotted cover that attachés to the seat to outline the cutout has constant pressure on it across the center from the mounting bar. I have now replaced this cover twice and as recently as this spring and it has already curled up and will not adhere to the seat.
I have the quick out on order which appears to a cover for the hole in the seat that opens to insert the backrest.
Very disappointed w/the "dimple" the original mounting bar puts in the seat and what happens to the cut cover without the backrest attached.
I don't have that problem,Russel seats did a great install.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts