GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any pics of the insatllation of the Utopia backrest. The pics in the directions that I have aren't very good.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
if your scared--like me--to cut your new seat. utopia will install it for $ 20 plus you need to get it to them.

they also sew a flap with velcro to cover the hole in case you ride with out the backrest for some reason.

i learned the hard way that i couldnt do it very well on my pacific coast backrest.

so when it came to the goldwing, i took the sure money bet, and let the expets do it.

loren

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
I just finished, and I mean within the past 15 minutes, putting the Utopia on. I thought it was more difficult than expected. I got a bit more "pucker" in the original upholstery than I wanted and those blasted Honda seat mount rubbers fell out on me twice. I was dealing with a lambswool over cover on the seat too, and that made it more difficult. From removal of seat to washing my hands; an hour and 15 minutes and two beers. Maybe more beer would have made it easier.

I was greatly concerned that the use of the Velcro supplied to be placed upon the center cross member of the frame to match another piece already adheared to the bottom plate of the Utopia mount would make sliding the seat forward to get the tongue of the seat under the large loop near impossible; but it did not fasten up during install -- must do so when the second up puts her petite self into the seat. Hmmm. maybe I had better plop my big ole butt on thar myself as my gals are way on too dainty to settle the seat - HARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Come to think of it, my beer drinking suffers greatly in ride weather as I won't drink and drive; raining cats and dogs right now. Hmmm, lets have another home brew!

prs :lol:

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
dmb11570 said:
Does anyone have any pics of the insatllation of the Utopia backrest. The pics in the directions that I have aren't very good.
If Utopia provided the same quality of pictures with their instructions, like what Lewis/Electrical Connection provides with his driving light kits.... there wouldn't be questions like this.

·
Registered
325 Posts
mrgl02 said:
If Utopia provided the same quality of pictures with their instructions, like what Lewis/Electrical Connection provides with his driving light kits.... there wouldn't be questions like this.

:24shocked: WHAT???

You are actually trying to tell me that some one includes accurate, easy to read instructions, WITH Photograpsh?????

My last instruction set looked like a fax from an ETCHA - SKETCH

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
BrianSC said:
mrgl02 said:

:24shocked: WHAT???

You are actually trying to tell me that some one includes accurate, easy to read instructions, WITH Photograpsh?????

My last instruction set looked like a fax from an ETCHA - SKETCH
Lewis/Electrical Connection not only includes photographs... but includes COLOR photographs, that are labelled with hints and arrows...

I was a bit disappointed in the Utopia instructions myself. They do everything else so well... :(

Way to go, Lewis. :clap2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts