GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got my seat back rest. The Good Wife of Forty Years got me a utopia back rest for Christmas and I installed it today. Piece of cake, I litterly used a cake knife to plunge into my 06 heated seat. Then I got to test ride it this afternoon. Hundred twenty miles on December 29 in northwest Illinois. What a great day with 50 plus degrees and sun shine. I don't think it's going to last much longer. Tom

·
Registered
13 Posts
Back rest

I'm new to the wing riding world. I purchased a '05 blue metallic. I'm gonna add a drivers back rest and was wondering if the Utopia was the best one to get.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Basscat,

Welcome aboard!!!

You can do a search for backrests, as it's been discussed before, or just believe me when I say yes, Utopia's the best.

You just gotta get into the mindset that cutting your seat with a long knife is a good thing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
back rest

Didn't hesitate. Yesterday after reading more positive replys I ordered one from Wingstuff.com Thanks for the help. I may be back for some installation instructions.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Intallation isn't too bad. The instructions, however, omit a vital detail: Have your wife leave the room or give her a good stiff drink before you commence to cutting.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just one word of adviceis to pay attention to instructions if you have a heated seat. No need to slice into heater wiring. My wiring was visible in shadow lines so wasn't a problem. Just get the longest serrated knife in the drawer, it goes in deeper than you would think. Enjoy the ride. Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts