GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the utopia push you forward?

I've had backrests in other bikes and in most of them the addition of a backrest pushes you forward, I'm 6" and I don't want to be pushed forward, not even an inch.

·
Registered
309 Posts
opr said:

I've had backrests in other bikes and in most of them the addition of a backrest pushes you forward, I'm 6" and I don't want to be pushed forward, not even an inch.
Only if you want it to. It's adjustable (with your fingers - no tools) foward/backward with a small bolt... up and down is adjustable through small allen-head bolts.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a Utopia backrest , and they are adjustable enough
not to lean you forward unless you prefer it. The hard thing if
installing yourself is to cut the seat....

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
There is a lot of forward/back adjustment by turning the screw at the bottom of the bracket behind it. I keep a small open box wrench in my left front pocket to loosen/tighten the nut when I want to adjust it. It takes a bit to get it where you like it, but is well worth the effort.

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
opr said:

Does the utopia push you forward? NO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts