GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes, I have them on my wing for over 27000 miles and they did just what they said it would do. It made the Wing very comfortable for me and I am 6'2" and 240 lbs.
They are very easy to install. 8)

·
Registered
264 Posts
The V&P's do help some. They do not raise the bars 1 1/2" like you asked however, nor do they bring them back. The MBL risers supposedly bring them up and back. I just got a set of the MBL's from HDL, but have not installed them yet, so I cannot give any feedback yet.

·
Registered
317 Posts
The V&P risers is a wedge. It roatates the grips up 1 1/2". You can turn the wedge around and that causes the grips to drop 1 1/2" as well. The MBL risers do move the grips back. I have had both.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I installed the MLB risers last summer and it definately improved riding comfort for me. The only other change I'd like to make is to change the angle of the grips about 5 to 10 degrees flatter.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I'm 6'1'. I installed the VP risers almost 2 years ago and they work fine for me. They take the strain out of your shoulders. They do this by raising the grips 1½ inches at the tip. This lessens your downward reach and gives the illusion of the grips being closer.

Hey....They work for me. :D

·
Registered
619 Posts
I got them because Jim Mathis got them.... :D
I really don't no the difference... :lol: Just didn't want to be left behind without them.... :yes:

:a13:

bruce aka "the blue trawler"

:blw1:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Hey Bruce........................................
................................................................................
Well, I really don't know what to say to that one. :hun1: :lol:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I installed the MBL's several months ago and they made a big difference for me in riding comfort. Brought the bars back and up.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Do the VP rizers come with good instructions I'm somewhat mechanically challenged

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Yes OK instructions are included. Install is pretty easy.

I've been using them for 29,000 and they removed the pain from between my shoulders.

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
For any who are using an aftermarket seat that moves you back or up, unless you have long arms, the VPs won't be of much help. Then you will have to take it all apart again to install the MBLs. Don't ask me how I know. :roll: :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
177 Posts
VP RISERS

I've got 68,000 miles and the risers have been on it for 60,000 of thoses , they do bring them up and back. Yes I have an after market seat no problem
roger/orangestreak

·
Registered
6 Posts
VP risers

I'm 5'11" and I installed the VP risers this past summer to see if it would correct the pain and numbness in my hands that I would get within 10 to 15 miles. They worked great. I also installed CE foam grips. The biggest test was the nine hour ride home from Delaware. No pain and no numbness. I like mine. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts