GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if I'm having trouble installing these or not.

I put them in as the directions say, but my question is, when turning the handlebars to the extreem, are thay supposed to compress?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Chef,
They do compress, and if you park the bike with the bars to one side for aqhile, they will take a minute or to to decompress, but they will.

I haven't paid mine much attention at all since I installed them... put'em in and forgot about them!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
02OrangeRush said:
What are V & P's tunnel fillers? :oops:
They are foam inserts that go in the "tunnel" where the forks enter the fairing. They keep the rain, dirt, & other crap that comes up through the openings and gets all over the radio & stuff.

I think they are about $15 (not sure, got mine last year).

www.vpaccessories.com

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Hey ClosetChef, I wonder if you will have the same experience with your tunnel filters as I have had. First, they do work great for keeping cold air off. I won't use them in the spring-summer-fall, just winter. I installed them as instructed, and I have noticed this. I have never had to re-adjust the left one, never. The right one, I have to shove up in place once a day, it always slips? The other thing, I think the right one covers up our air temperature indicator :( If you enjoy constantly checking the air readouts like I do, it is hard to part with the quick adjusting the indicator had. They are nice.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Hey ClosetChef, I wonder if you will have the same experience with your tunnel filters as I have had. First, they do work great for keeping cold air off. I won't use them in the spring-summer-fall, just winter. I installed them as instructed, and I have noticed this. I have never had to re-adjust the left one, never. The right one, I have to shove up in place once a day, it always slips? The other thing, I think the right one covers up our air temperature indicator :( If you enjoy constantly checking the air readouts like I do, it is hard to part with the quick adjusting the indicator had. They are nice.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll be sure to keep an eye on both of them for a while. Thanks for all the responses.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I seem to notice more air moving from back to front coming across my shoulders with fillers installed. I have the Tulsa sheild and that may be causing a negative pressure already. Then the Tunnel fillers add to the negative pressure. Does not mean I would not use them. They also help in the rain. Keeps the stuff from blowing up in to your face.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Tunnel fillers

:D Hey Chef the tunnel fillers do compress with the bars turned full lock its normal and they do return to normal shape,had mine, VP accessory variety for over a year now there still there and work great. :sw1: :sw1: :sw1: :D

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
I just installed mine this evening. They do compress and return as mentioned

Fast shipping on the part of VP through the USPS

·
Registered
72 Posts
Kurt said:
I have problems with the one on the right slipping down also.

Anyone know why?
Could be because when on the side stand the forks are usually turned to the left and maybe the pressure on the right one pushes it out...just a guess.

Bob

·
Registered
57 Posts
Tunnel Fillers....Me TOO

I have the same problem, one on the right won't stay in place. When parked, I keep my bike on centerstand and front wheel straight. I too would like to know why the right one slides down, I have considered tape or other to keep it in place. Left side is fine.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Well... I guess I'm the oddball with regard to the tunnel fillers. My right-side filler has stayed in place since installed but my left-side filler needs constant adjustment. Now... I do lock my handlebars which fully compresses the left side filler. If I leave it locked overnight, it takes a while for the left filler to expand again. I usually have to help it by repositioning etc.

Other than that, I like 'em. They cut down on some of the road noise as well as keeping grit off my radio.
:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts