GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to know what everybody uses to clean the V Streat with Rain Zip. I just purchased the Special Edition with Rain Zip and will be leaving on a 2000 mile trip this weekend and would like to know what the best way is to take care of it.

THANKS
DAVID SESSUMS

·
Registered
967 Posts
I use water for the most part.

Sent via Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,247 Posts
i have the v stream. Dont know about the rain zip! I clean mine with water and soap sometimes or just with lemon pledge sometimes. i have even cleaned it with glass cleaner:eek:4:.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Plain old water works best, although I have hit it with a "detailer" when I am cleaning up the rest of the bike.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I've used water, car wash soap, peroxide, Honda spray polish, Suzuki detailer, Plexus & Lemon Pledge.

I have only put V-Streams zip shield on once since new. My shield is about 1 1/2 years old and has about 30,000 miles on it. It still looks like new.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Rinse with water, if there are dried bugs apply a microfiber towel soaked in carwash soap & let soak, gently wipe, rinse again.

On a SS1k ride in June, my V-Stream SE was plastered with bugs when I got home. I used the method described above and it cleaned up quickly & easily.

I figure that being gentle 90% of the time doesn't hurt. Mine is a year old and looks brand new, precipitation still beads up and sheds quickly.

I realize that there are other ways and that the V-Stream is pretty durable.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Wet microfiber, or terry towel. That rain zip stuff is the bom, it was even smoking when I took the lid off. I only used it once several months ago when the windshield was installed and still no need for a recoat.

It works very well for the bugs coming off very easily with just water. VStream says only use mild soap and water anyway.

Have a great trip.

·
Registered
151 Posts
While I admit the V-Stream (which I love by the way) does clean off pretty easily compared to the OEM Windshield but I still use Sprayway Glass Cleaner which I've been using for years and love it. It doesn't streak and doesn't leave that crazy rainbow residue that you get from some of the others.

I use this cleaner for lots of stuff from my car to even cleaning my TV and Monitors. I believe they still sell it at most Autoparts stores and Homedepot.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the information. I will be testing the shield out for 2000 miles or a little more starting on Monday. I had it installed at The Trike Shop in Daytona, about 100 miles from home and it feel real good on the way home, but didn't have the SO on the back to see what she thinks. Will give you all an update when I return, as to how she likes it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts