GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, almost 5000 miles on my new bike and I have tried the V-Stream SE and the Windbender. Didn't care for the bender and my only beef with the V-Stream SE was it's thickness. It was so thick it made the adjustment nearly impossible. I adjust my windshield often based on rain/shine/cool/hot/highway/local/long/short distance riding.

So...I have decided to try the "standard" V-Stream as I believe it is just a touch thicker than the OEM and should adjust easier.

Does anyone have the standard model and can you give me a review, please?

The only concern I have is when people say the upper edged flex SO MUCH at high speeds...it becomes uncomfortable. Although I read it performs like that when it is all the way extended UP...which at most I go 2 notched from the lowest.

Any personal reviews of the NON-SE model would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
85 Posts
standard

mine works great all the way down, good in the middle and the corners flop in the wind all the way up. i don't think it affects anythig, just looks funny. putting the vent in was a royal pain.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I run the standard and love it. I always have it all the way down. No flex and it works great.
Kurt :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Same here. It flexes a bit when raised, but not nearly like stock. Just thick enough to adjust easily, but doesn't slip. For some reason my left lever is tighter than the right, but no worries. Resists scratching, too.
Well worth the $. Is it still about $225? Mine's been on since '09.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Same here. It flexes a bit when raised, but not nearly like stock. Just thick enough to adjust easily, but doesn't slip. For some reason my left lever is tighter than the right, but no worries. Resists scratching, too.
Well worth the $. Is it still about $225? Mine's been on since '09.
$185 Winfstuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts