GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a rough time, trying to install my V Stream windshield, to replace the original one. Once I have all three points attached, there is a lot of binding between it and the plastic underneath it. I can barely move it up some of the way, but not all the way. Coming back down doesn't work at all, as it relies on going all the way up. Am I the only one to have this issue, or are there others? It seems that the curvature, side to side, in the mounting area is a lot more than the original. Pictures show original on the right, V Stream on the left, and the pinch down bar touching the windshield, before being tightened down.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did they send you the correct one? Not with them but is happening with me before manufacturer sending the wrong part.
That's possible. But the mounting holes are in the exact same place as the original. It's just the curvature, as shown in the picture, that doesn't fit. A different year perhaps...?

·
Registered
53 Posts
did you have your windscreen all the way up when you started to replace?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Do you have the standard Vstream or the limited edition. I didn't have any issues with my standard screen. Mounted and adjusted fine. I have heard of issues with the thicker limited screen. Very good screen with great scratch protection. 30k miles and still looks new. Currently have a Madstad installed.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I have the more expensive (thicker 6mm) V Stream and it slides up and down just fine. I had the cheaper model first on my 03 GL1800 and it started to crack all around the vent opening. They replaced it under warranty and the same thing happened within a couple of months. At this point they replaced it with the more expensive model and it has been fine ever since.

Reactions: Bipeflier

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Russell, the windshield was all the way down, but the up and down mechanism works perfect.
Blackbetty, I'm pretty sure it's the standard 4-5 mm thick one. Model N20012A, says the box.
Mccluskey, I'll be keeping an eye on that vent opening, provided that I keep this windshield.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts